FOREX PRO Weekly March 05 - 09, 2012

Pls Sive sorry for bothering.
I search Ur archive for SG but Ur explanation looks as if stop grabber is the same as W&R. PLS if am wrong do right my wrong
thanks for Ur Time.

Hi ochilis,
To identify SG you need to use MACDP to best visualise when price tries to change trend and fail to to do so.To identify DP you need MACD or MACDP to determine trend and price action divergence. To identify W&R you only need price to make new high/low of some level of importance.That`s it!

Hi Sive,
Pls I am often a bit confuse with stop SG and dynamic pressure.Though I understand that dynamic pressure occur when Market(Price) is flat or in up/down direction while MACD is in opposite of market but for SG U said it is a shift in market momentum.Pls am confused can U define it condition of Occurrence in the market possibly with example.
thanks.

Hi Ochills

I found this post very helpful for understanding Stop Grabber.
https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/sives-analysis-archive/8311-trade-description-january-13-2010-stop-grabber-trade.html

All the best

Michael

Good morning,

Looks like today is a last time of using CQG. Although I have Bloomberg, but they do not have DiNapoli Indicators and I will have to switch to MT4 for FPA purposes...

Hi Sive, 2 questions and 1 comment.

Question: Does this means your charts will be spot forex quotes or still futures?

Question: On todays update you've drawn a Fibonnaci extension from an A point to a B point without placing the distance AB on a C point. What is this kind of expansion drawing??

Comment: IMO CQG charting look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much better than MT4. I do not support FPA's new decision.

That's all, thank you I wish you the best, have a great day master.

Hi Sive, 2 questions and 1 comment.

Question: Does this means your charts will be spot forex quotes or still futures?

Question: On todays update you've drawn a Fibonnaci extension from an A point to a B point without placing the distance AB on a C point. What is this kind of expansion drawing??

Comment: IMO CQG charting look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay much better than MT4. I do not support FPA's new decision.

That's all, thank you I wish you the best, have a great day master.

Hi Damian,
1. Yes
2. This is just the way of Butterfly target calculation, this is not ordinary DiNapoli extension
3. This is not the FPA decision. I've used CQG on my job place. Now my job slightly change in direction of investment valuation and fundamental analysis. Hence CGQ does not relate to this tasks, now I was moved to another software - Bloomberg (for couple of months I suppose) and later on Reuters Data Stream. But both of them a bit poor in terms of technical analysis.
So, I will probably use MT4.

You are welcome. That's what the FPA is for. The more, the merrier. This community is very important, especially since it's full of crooks and shysters out there. Help each other, and we may have a chance to give the bastards a run for their money. :cool:

sive, have you tried eSignal? if so, what do you think? how does it compare to CQG?

Hi Triantus,
I've tried but in very short period of time and can't say that I'm advanced user. I remember that in 90's I've tried Metastock. On e-Signal we've programmed option models, it has excellent build-in language.
But later this neccesity fell out, since there have appeared software that includes all this stuff, real-time quotes and other things.
Besides, e-Signal is rather expensive thing. What do you want to do with it?

yes eSignal language is good because they use Javascript. i was using it 2 years ago but like you said it's expensive and for what i was using it for MT4 gives me almost the same functionality. i say almost because eSignal is better quality software IMHO. one can purchase dinapoli indicator pack, bollinger tools, and a bunch of other professionally developed indicator packs.

sive, who provides the data stream for your MT4 setup? the candles on your chart look exactly the same as on mine. i am wondering whether your are using MBT as well?

Back