FOREX PRO Weekly March 12 - 16, 2012

Exponential MACD and Pivot indicator

Hi Sive,

thank you for your analysis. May you tell us where to find the Exponential MACD indicator and the pivot point indicator for the MT4?

Thank you!

forexBOOM

Hello Mr. Morten!
I have a question about this "follow the trend" trading style. Does all trends have to be the same, Daily, H4, H1? I mean, last week you said that we had to wait H1 trend to turn Bearish but H4 was Bullish.
Thank you!

P.S. GFT offers DiNapoli indicators on a practice account for 80$ a month. I think Damian gave this info some time ago.

DiNapoli D-Levels - Fibonacci Ratios - Forex Analysis - Forex Analysis Tools - GFT

Hi Georgeta,
in fact 4 hour time frame is not from DiNapoli list of TF. He uses daily and then hourly. That's why this is possible correct combination. But from time to time I like to take a look at 4-hour trend as well, just to see how it responds on starting move on hourly chart. 4 hour TF is too slow to combine it with daily. It's better to use it as confirmation. Since it is faster than daily and you've entered on hourly TF - after some time take a look at 4 hour trend.

X IS THE BIGINING OF A DOWN SWING THAT GOT A FIB RETRACEMENT OF 61.8 FROM A TO B,WHEN I USE THE EXPANSION TOOL ON X,A,B, I GOT MY 618% EXPANSION AT C,THEN IT RETRACE AGAIN TO D,I USE THE a-b-c METHOD YOU TEACH US ON FPA COURSE,JUST LIKE FROM X,A,B i.e i have a down move from B to C then it retrace to D which is78.6 fib retracement level and there we have an inverted hammer(price action sell signal) and also last week bearish bar give us the confirmation on down move
now this where i need your help, am on sell already from daily on friday.my SL and TP are the red lines, at the blue line i have fib 127 from point X and expasion 127% from(B-C_D)
1,should i shift my SL above the inverted hammer at D so my SL could be above the retracement level since i can stil obey risk:reward at blue line
2, can the blue line be classified as AGREEMENT or CONFLUECE,
3, can it get to the blue line in the chart.
plese i need to know my stand from your own point of view,please i know you do eur/usd do this for a fan
thanks in advanceView attachment 5013

please what is the value of the variables of the MACD use are using

Hi justolufemi,
You should estimate the direction of trade first and only after that apply different Fib extensions and levels. Because they do not give you the context.
That's why it's a bit difficult to say what level market could achieve only based on swings.
About MACD numbers and what is Confluence and Agreement - visit our Glossary in the root of this part of Forum.

Hi Sive,

thank you for your analysis. May you tell us where to find the Exponential MACD indicator and the pivot point indicator for the MT4?

Thank you!

forexBOOM

Hi, currently we're in discussion with FPA administration. If they allow, we will make available for download these indicators.

Dear Sive and All
As I have pointed in my previous posts (see also my post at Stavro's Euro and Greece post) right after the PSI exersise Greece has been downgraded by Moodys to the lowest rank. If after the haircut the Greek debt could be serviced, all would be ok and we could see the upward reaction in the EURUSD pair. What the markets are pricing now (correctly this time) is that the new Greek bonds do not exceed at best 20% nominal value and are indeed traded at 15% their value.The markets believe that it is impossible for the Greek GDP to grow from arround -7.5% to +2% within the next few months and that at a time of gross reduction of Public spending and revenue. Note that the official haircut was 53%. Count an additional 32% that was re-lended the the State with lower interest than the original and the fact that new bond issues are traded at 15% their value, that renders the "real" haircut at to 85%!!! This is bankruptsy in my book and under this circumstances CDS's will be set on fire. In line with technical analysis the charts spell the story of the markets reaction and the strong downtrend emerging.
With my thanks to Sive for his skillfull analysis I wish to all to have nice day with your loved ones.

Hello Mr Sive

Thanks for this great analysis, but i still have question base on one week time f. please when is the proper price for bearish outlook there. Currently am having DMA 7x5, is it when this line have broken? or is there any price level to watch for its baerishness?

Thanks.

Hi Georgeta,
in fact 4 hour time frame is not from DiNapoli list of TF. He uses daily and then hourly. That's why this is possible correct combination. But from time to time I like to take a look at 4-hour trend as well, just to see how it responds on starting move on hourly chart. 4 hour TF is too slow to combine it with daily. It's better to use it as confirmation. Since it is faster than daily and you've entered on hourly TF - after some time take a look at 4 hour trend.

Hi Sive,

As far as I concerned, H4 mostly correlated with weekly timeframe, H1 to daily, daily to monthly. On lower timeframe, M5 usually a combination with H1 and M15 with H4. As we all know, the best time to trade is when all timeframes shows the same trend. But if we got contradiction between monthly, weekly and daily like we have right now on E/U chart, IMHO the best way to trade is when the combination of TF as I mentioned above shows the same trend (and may I say this is "trend following's techique" is all about?). And may I say here that no matter what the movement should be, whether retracement or continuation of major trend, the price should go to its trend of their respective TF combination untill we achieve its target or we got a reliable patterns that may change the direction of price as well as the current trend.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, Sir.....as always....

Thanks and Best Regards.
Rashidin

Hi Sive, Thanks again for your analysis.

Could you check in your next week analysis a potential medium term LONG from 1.2900-1.2950 with 2 target 1.33 & 1.44?
See attached chart where I see forming two potential patterns.
1. H&S (red) with target 1.25 /calculated: 1.30-(1.35-1.30) /, where we should have a 2nd top in the right shoulder to have a harmonic pattern
2. and I think we have also a good chance for cup reversal (yellow) with target 1.4400 /calculated: 1.35+(1.35-1.26) /.

In any case, I see high probability for an additional daily upswing.

Thnx

EURUSD coffee.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this great analysis, but i still have question base on one week time f. please when is the proper price for bearish outlook there. Currently am having DMA 7x5, is it when this line have broken? or is there any price level to watch for its baerishness?

Thanks.

Hi Gibson, DMA was used previously for trend identification, but now it is better to use MACD. It's bullish on weekly time frame. Currently we are just trading engulfing pattern on weekly time frame. but since trend is bullish, we can't exclude possibility of AB=CD upward retracement in medium-term perspective.

Hi Sive,

As far as I concerned, H4 mostly correlated with weekly timeframe, H1 to daily, daily to monthly. On lower timeframe, M5 usually a combination with H1 and M15 with H4. As we all know, the best time to trade is when all timeframes shows the same trend. But if we got contradiction between monthly, weekly and daily like we have right now on E/U chart, IMHO the best way to trade is when the combination of TF as I mentioned above shows the same trend (and may I say this is "trend following's techique" is all about?). And may I say here that no matter what the movement should be, whether retracement or continuation of major trend, the price should go to its trend of their respective TF combination untill we achieve its target or we got a reliable patterns that may change the direction of price as well as the current trend.
Please correct me if I'm wrong, Sir.....as always....

Thanks and Best Regards.
Rashidin

If we assume that we have no directional patterns then probably you're right.

Hi Sive, Thanks again for your analysis.

Could you check in your next week analysis a potential medium term LONG from 1.2900-1.2950 with 2 target 1.33 & 1.44?
See attached chart where I see forming two potential patterns.
1. H&S (red) with target 1.25 /calculated: 1.30-(1.35-1.30) /, where we should have a 2nd top in the right shoulder to have a harmonic pattern
2. and I think we have also a good chance for cup reversal (yellow) with target 1.4400 /calculated: 1.35+(1.35-1.26) /.

In any case, I see high probability for an additional daily upswing.

Thnx

View attachment 5019

FxShark
yes, this could happen, but your analysis does not contradict with current short-term trading of engulfing pattern. You just look on a bit greater and longer perspective. Since we trade mostly on daily time frame and lower, we need some shorter patterns and contexts that could be used through the week. That's why we focus on some patterns that are not signficant on weekly chart.
Your perspective is interesting, but has a bit longer term.

Back