FOREX PRO WEEKLY March 24-28, 2014

Yeah and the US and UK don't march into another country with tanks and guns? You, sir, are being lied to by BBC. Putin didn't take over anything. 90% of the votes in favor of joining Russia....
And what a shame. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I honestly think Sive's political thoughts are just as important as technical analysis and provides us with a more in-depth knowledge of what is going on overall.

Hi BeeKey,
I thought we all agreed to keep this forum off political debates. However, as it was brought again, I want to post my comments once more.

Why International community condemns recent Crimean development -

Reason #1: Definition of invasion in English: "An instance of invading a country or region with an armed force."
Source: Oxford Dictionaries

Reason #2: On Basic Guarantees of Electoral Rights and the Right of Citizens of the Russian Federation to Participate in a Referendum “Article 14. Circumstances under Which a Referendum Shall not be Held 1. A referendum shall not be held if a martial law or a state of emergency have been imposed in the territory of the Russian Federation or in the territory in which the referendum is to be held or within a part of this territory, or within three months after the martial law or the state of emergency have been lifted.
Source: Chapter II. The Purpose of Referenda in the Russian Federation -

Reason #3: MOSCOW, December 29 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law would make spreading separatist views a criminal offense punishable by up to five years in jail. ... people will face a fine of up to 300,000 rubles ($9,200) for calling for action aimed against Russia’s territorial integrity.
Source: Putin Signs Law Punishing Separatism with Jail | Russia | RIA Novosti

~~~~~
There are international and many national laws (including Russian) that govern rules of referendums, political freedom and choices. Lets not forget about Budapest Memorandum Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It's clear that russian govenment follows only those that suit them. Period!

A lot of us on this forum disagree with your/Siva's stand on Crimea. And I think at this point the situation is adding little to the technical picture. From the other side, it is bringing unnecessary emotions that we need to deal with and manage, along with natural trading emotions, to keep our trading strategy sane.
Lets consider this discussion closed.

With regards,
stranik

Last edited:
Apparently international laws & the UN charter don't apply to US and it's lackeys. Russia's actions may or may not have been 100% as per the letter of the law, but US and it's allies have no moral grounds whatsoever to condemn them.

Annexation of Crimea was a largely peaceful affair with no unnecessary loss of life. The Crimean region overwhelmingly voted in favor of secession from Ukraine. Period. Casting aspersions on the legality of the referendum/secession by a group of countries which illegally decimated a country under false pretenses & deposed a largely popular secular leader smacks of double standards and complete hypocrisy.

Guys,
I call you to avoid this "hot topic", or better, if you want I can initiate a voting in some thread. If majority will support this - I will create separate topic for discussion of Ukraine situation.
Nobody of us could be 100% right because international law has no solution for current situation. In fact, Brett's "Free country" as he calls it and another free "US" country has bombed Yugoslavia, separated them and aknowledge creating of Kosovo. Thus they have created precedent and they were wrong with it.

And Russia, Venezia, Catalania, Scotland right now are using this precedent - that's all. Who's this fault - those who has created it or those who's following it? I do not know, may be both wrong. And now "Free countries" try to switch backpedal and apply double standarts...
Brett, on your place I would avoid using "Free country" term to speak about UK and US. Your free country bombed and blast Iraq, Lybia, Yugoslavia (democracy is a such sort of political government that should be manufactured by this tools, right?) and had an intention to shift WWII front against USSR in 1945. (read about operation "Unthinkable") Operation Unthinkable - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I do not want even to mention what US have done with "occupy Wall St." members in NY. Real example of "free country"... Let's not to apply double-sided standarts - UK and US are D'Artagnans and all other countries are bad. This is very unwise... Especially Putin and Hitler comporison, this sounds like in 50-60s or may be you have served in military. with McCain?

So guys, let's avoid stupid clishu and mutual abuses. Use facts as Stranik does. Without histerya, as "I'm watching TV! I live in free country and Putin is a Hitler - Aahhhr!"

Mass media for a long time already not a objective source of information. and "Free countries " are not an excusion.

I do not want even to dig in this dirty swamp and analyse all current speeches - this is all secondary stuff, the topside. The basis is Ukraine and Russia historically the same country. Neither Ukraine belongs to Russia nor Russia belongs to Ukraine. They are single country historically. If you will cut part from the whole - this part will be lost. THis is the same that if you will cut arm - this arm will not be able to live by its own life. In terms of Ukraine it will mean that they will lost it's national identity - language, history, culture and religion. That already has happened in many slavonian natures in Eastern Europe. Thus, Ukraine has separated from Russia and former USSR in 1991 and what? Who has benefited from this? Does ukranians have become more free and happy? I'm not sure that majority does. I was in Crimea 2 years ago and people there live worse than in Russia on average. And that is, when Ukraine holds tight relation with Russia. What will happen when this relation will be totally broken?
I can't find words to explain this blind - rely on EU and US and hope that they will replace and will be even better choice for Ukraine instead of russian people. Let's see...

That's why as Russian, I feel really big sorrow for Ukranians in current situation, because I can't treat them as foreigners. And I don't care what Obama says, what Putin or Etcenyuk says - ukranians right now are going to national catastrophy, not in terms of economy, individual wealth, etc. by in terms of ethno's surviving. And on having all this at the back - speeches that Russia will start the war or something of that sort with Ukraine... It's not even stupid, it's just absolute lies. This never will happen. Why current Ukranian government needs this argument - this is quite different question...
Peace to everybody!
P.S.
Guys, think about voting and separate thread for this topic. If not - let's close this discussion.

Last edited:
Apparently international laws & the UN charter don't apply to US and it's lackeys. Russia's actions may or may not have been 100% as per the letter of the law, but US and it's allies have no moral grounds whatsoever to condemn them.

Annexation of Crimea was a largely peaceful affair with no unnecessary loss of life. The Crimean region overwhelmingly voted in favor of secession from Ukraine. Period. Casting aspersions on the legality of the referendum/secession by a group of countries which illegally decimated a country under false pretenses & deposed a largely popular secular leader smacks of double standards and complete hypocrisy.

Videep, You are again an 'Apologist' for Putin. I take it you did not agree with the invasions of Afghanistan or Iraq. Ok fine neither did I, but not for the reasons that you think! I didn't here Russia complaining too much either when the UN basically voted in favour of Allied Action to remove the Taliban & Saddam Hussein! I have met several Iraq's, in fact one is my Dentist here in London & I can assure you she was glad to see the back of him! At least the US & UK went to the UN & told the world what they wanted to do...unlike the USSR who invaded Afghanistan in the 1980s..killed a lot of innocent Afghans ( not to mention Russian Soldiers) & ALL for what!? Annexation maybe huh!? At least we are now 'dragging' these 2 countries slowly to democracy after yrs & yrs of totalitarianism & Dictatorship! And who knows perhaps if Russia would help they wouldn't get Terrorist's exploding bombs at Volgograd station & other places in Russia! Ooos sorry..I suddenly became an 'Apologist'!?

UN basically voted in favour of Allied Action to remove the Taliban & Saddam Hussein! I have met several Iraq's, in fact one is my Dentist here in London & I can assure you she was glad to see the back of him! At least the US & UK went to the UN & told the world what they wanted to do...
Yes, after you've decieved them telling that IRAQ has nuclear weapon....
And your dantist - she's so happy and that's why she lives in UK? Why not in Iraq?

unlike the USSR who invaded Afghanistan in the 1980s..killed a lot of innocent Afghans ( not to mention Russian Soldiers) & ALL for what!? Annexation maybe huh!?
Brett, you need run with history a bit... Russians was there on the side of official government. War was against the same forces, as amercians currently stands against. But you have supported them in 1980s, gave them weapon teached them... And now you are in war against them. The same was with Husaine, Ben Laden - US support and armored him and later has to war with them :)
Besides, Brett, your "free country" also was in Afganistan and not as a tourist in 19 century... :)

At least we are now 'dragging' these 2 countries slowly to democracy after yrs & yrs of totalitarianism & Dictatorship!

Tell this those thousand dead people and their families that you bombed and killed. For me any dictatorship is better than freedom of this sort.
By the way and what results are? Now they probably become real democratic countries, especially Lybia. If you really believe that UK and US war there for democracy you're very naive. UK and US have no other problems but to make Libians and Iraq free, reach and prosperious nations, right?

who knows perhaps if Russia would help they wouldn't get Terrorist's exploding bombs at Volgograd station & other places in Russia! Ooos sorry..I suddenly became an 'Apologist'!?
Russia helps. You have free access to Afganistan through our sky borders... This saves billions...
You glorify terrorists who war in Russia (say, Basaev). USA has made a film where he treats as a hero and warrior for freedom (See link). And later his follower (Katcaev) blasted Boston marathon.
http://www.amazon.com/Immortal-Fortress-Chechnyas-Warrior-Culture/dp/0842524487/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1396184672&sr=1-1&keywords=Immortal+Fortress%3A+look+inside
And that is a description of this film from 1999 - screenshot of amazon.com page:
fortress.jpg
Big difference, right? :)

You, know, when I see such issues I every time recall the final rows from David's Psalm 7:

14 Whoever is pregnant with evil
conceives trouble and gives birth to disillusionment.
15 Whoever digs a hole and scoops it out
falls into the pit they have made.
16 The trouble they cause recoils on them;
their violence comes down on their own heads.

And I'm scared what will come to UK and US yet as a result "democracy" in Lybia and other countries...
Brett, your speech is just emotions, no arguments, no facts. As I said - let's avoid pure emotions and mutual abuses.

Last edited:
Hi BeeKey,
I thought we all agreed to keep this forum off political debates. However, as it was brought again, I want to post my comments once more.

Why International community condemns recent Crimean development -

Reason #1: Definition of invasion in English: "An instance of invading a country or region with an armed force."
Source: Oxford Dictionaries
BS - Russia did not move any more troops into Crimea than HAD BEEN STATIONED THERE BEFORE THE EVENTS IN LINE WITH A MULTI-YEAR STATE TREATY WITH UKRAINE. What's more, Russia has been stationing LESS TROOPS IN ITS BASE THAN ALLOWED UNDER THAT TREATY (your mass media has been lying to you by the skin of their teeth)

Reason #2: On Basic Guarantees of Electoral Rights and the Right of Citizens of the Russian Federation to Participate in a Referendum “Article 14. Circumstances under Which a Referendum Shall not be Held 1. A referendum shall not be held if a martial law or a state of emergency have been imposed in the territory of the Russian Federation or in the territory in which the referendum is to be held or within a part of this territory, or within three months after the martial law or the state of emergency have been lifted.
Source: Chapter II. The Purpose of Referenda in the Russian Federation -
At the time of the referendum Crimea was not part of Russia and any reference to the Constitution of Russia is absolutely irrelevant here (use whatever logic you you may have left after all the brainwashing you have been subjected to)
Reason #3: MOSCOW, December 29 (RIA Novosti) – Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law would make spreading separatist views a criminal offense punishable by up to five years in jail. ... people will face a fine of up to 300,000 rubles ($9,200) for calling for action aimed against Russia’s territorial integrity.
Source: Putin Signs Law Punishing Separatism with Jail | Russia | RIA Novosti
Spreading separatist views in Ukraine hah? 1. See my previous comment about Crimea's jurisdiction at the time of referendum. 2) When 97% of the population of an area that was FORCIBLY added to Ukraine 23 years ago want back to their country where that area had been PART OF FOR CENTURIES - you call this separatism? (use whatever logic you you may have left after all the brainwashing you have been subjected to).

~~~~~
There are international and many national laws (including Russian) that govern rules of referendums, political freedom and choices. Lets not forget about Budapest Memorandum Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It's clear that russian govenment follows only those that suit them. Period!

A lot of us on this forum disagree with your/Siva's stand on Crimea. And I think at this point the situation is adding little to the technical picture. From the other side, it is bringing unnecessary emotions that we need to deal with and manage, along with natural trading emotions, to keep our trading strategy sane.
Lets consider this discussion closed.

With regards,
stranik

Have a nice day!

ahem..Iraq was just an example of my point that the current US condemnation is pure double standards, nothing more nothing less. Technically the current situation has a closer resemblance to Kosovo, but that's a different can of worms altogether so let's not go there lol.

Videep, You are again an 'Apologist' for Putin. I take it you did not agree with the invasions of Afghanistan or Iraq. Ok fine neither did I, but not for the reasons that you think! I didn't here Russia complaining too much either when the UN basically voted in favour of Allied Action to remove the Taliban & Saddam Hussein! I have met several Iraq's, in fact one is my Dentist here in London & I can assure you she was glad to see the back of him! At least the US & UK went to the UN & told the world what they wanted to do...unlike the USSR who invaded Afghanistan in the 1980s..killed a lot of innocent Afghans ( not to mention Russian Soldiers) & ALL for what!? Annexation maybe huh!? At least we are now 'dragging' these 2 countries slowly to democracy after yrs & yrs of totalitarianism & Dictatorship! And who knows perhaps if Russia would help they wouldn't get Terrorist's exploding bombs at Volgograd station & other places in Russia! Ooos sorry..I suddenly became an 'Apologist'!?
About the Iraq war, I think you are misinformed. The UN never voted in favor any of Allied action against Saddam, it was unilateral. Google for legality of Iraq war as well as Kofi Annan's comments on the same. International legal experts agree that the war was illegal. Not to mention it set a dangerous precedent.
I think by "dragging these 2 countries slowly to democracy..." you mean shoving democracy down people's throats who decide not to kowtow to American hegemonic interests. Let's not be naive about this. Promotion of democracy for the US is just a convenient fig leaf to hide malicious economic & geopolitical self interests. US has no qualms about dealing with dictators & monarchies as long as they are on the "right side".

IMO Putin did what needed to be done for the right reasons without a military offensive, before Western interference made a bad situation worse. It was done for the people of Crimea(as opposed to oil, political influence, promoting business interests , etc.). In fact from what I've read Crimea could be a financial liability for Russia in the near term. Still Putin's actions have been unnecessarily criticized for the vote's legality without giving due consideration to the merits of the case. If that makes me an apologist, then so be it!

I think we should concentrate on forex trading from now, since Sive's as-always kickass analysis for the week is already out, and close this discussion. Looking forward to get some pips on the AUDUSD :D

Kosovo Albanians living in london...
Iraqi Dentists...living in London..&..
Russian Oligarchs & ex Russian KGB spies living in London..( except the ones poisened by Pollonium 235 that is!)

You know..isn't it funny that everyone wants to come & live in London..& learn English..but no one wants to live in Russia or Serbia..( except Serbians & Russians). My best friend at school was Marco Stellmachovicz. His Father fled Ukraine after the war, and came to London!? He never went back to Ukraine. Lots of Polish, Latvian, Estonians too!

This is Fact! This is True! Because it was Not on ANY News Channel...'I have met these people'!

Back