FOREX PRO Weekly May 02-06, 2011

EUR/USD Daily Update, Fri 06, May 2011

Good morning,
I just leave EUR for 1 trading session and here is such plunge... Let's return to it.
But before that couple of words about AUD B&B Buy. Looks, like that it could start today - yesterday's ECB desicion has skewed situation and forced market to go lower, but today there is nice upward pullback. We could use some retracement from it ( I think not less than 0.618) to enter Long.

Now about the EUR...

Well, in general we had to expect such kind of price action, because in weekly research we pointed number of factors that support EUR:
1. Strong Germany data - it was mixed during recent couple of week;
2. ECB gradual rate hiking - that has not happened.
Technically, we said, that market stands and monthly overbougth and we have to be aware of strong downmoves on daily time frame. That has happened.
BTW, I suggest you to read weekly research on coming weekend. Current situation is very interesting, especially on weekly time frame.

What we can do today?
Looks like the better way - is to make scalp trades. Do not forget - today is NFP release. So it will be wise to avoid Doom&Gloom and take profit or stay flat till this release.
There are couple of possibilities for trading today:

On daily time frame we see that 1.4430-1.4470 - daily oversold and confluence support. It's hardly that market will be able to break it to the downside, except may be the reason of extremely optimistic NFP.

On hourly chart we see that market has accomplished target of our Broadening top pattern (although it was very skewed and distorted - too much touches of the borders). And shows some signs of DRPO Buy.

If you're bullish - you may try to trade this DRPO Buy. Target around1.47
If you're bearish - wait for pullback at least till 1.47 area - this is pivot point Fib resistance and lower border of Broadening Top pattern. Previous momentum up was strong, so, possibly market will show deep retracement to the upside.

Attachments

• EUR_D_06_05_11.PNG
    EUR_D_06_05_11.PNG
    44.1 KB · Views: 126
  • EUR_1H_06_05_11.PNG
    EUR_1H_06_05_11.PNG
    40.7 KB · Views: 126
LOL --- trading EU has me down to using tick charts, with a half second chart as the main and a 2 min chart for trend ---- what a hoot !

regards

mp6140

Hi Sive, I'm ****ed, I wait 2 hours after the NFP then enter LONG at 1.4513, then market dive down another 200 pips before the day 's end, do you think where I should cut loss or any chance to take profit ?

Whatta Butterfly..

Thank you Sive for calling market top on the butterfly..
I just wish it had reached 1.5000 so I could have achieved 3 instead of a 2 sell down;)
Reminds me of NZD(hold onto your hats) on 8/11/2010 where my team achieved a 4 sell down:p
No-one gives such careful and insightful advice for both short term and long term traders like you do...
God Bless,
Paul

Last edited:
I do as long as..

As Sive explains that as long as support at 1.28 (or higher support) area holds we can expect 1.52 area..

Back