FOREX PRO Weekly May 16-20, 2011

intuition

Hello Sive!
Another great call from you this Frieday, just like last week. I understand the analisys: slow leg to 100% expansion means week bulls. But sell off! How did you know!? It could simply come down gradualy but you said SELL OFF and there it is.
I think that your experience and intuition are just as great as your analisys are.
Have a nice weekend!
P.S. I dont want to make a fool of myself with EURGBP again so I will wait patiently for Oscillators lesson.

Just look at Mr Morten...

How impossible is this job?
Out of sunshine and rain to try to predict when to fold up your umbrella?
And look, there was the sell!
and now(weather still cloudy) i will say that I, other wage payers, and the wave counters amongst us may expect 1.4280 before further sell offs...:p

Just thinking out loud!

That Spanish (and Greek too???) protest gathering in momentum is not going to do the EUR any good.
So, in my very simplistic interpretation of the EUR/USD movement for the foreseeable future can only mean that the currencies pair is going to go down, and down some more. But then, forex does not see things my way!

hedging

hi Sive,
first thank you for your analysis and hope your energy will hold on for your daily videos;
completely different question:
in your trading platform do you have the possibility to go long and short at the same time in the same underlying?
in other words, does your broker allow hedging in this way?

at dukascopy testing platform jforex I had this possibility; the broker I want to choose now for a live account (WH Selvinvest, Luxemburg) disallow this:
if you buy 0,1 lot eur/usd and sell 0,1 lot then there is no position left and you are flat;

so, if I try to build and hold long term positions then I have no possibility to trade intraday short positions on the same fx pair, except you have another account at the same or an other broker;

how do you handle this, what is your recommandation if a broker doesn't offer hedging and basicly is it senseless or not to open longs and shorts at the same time on the same pair?

thank you

Hi friends!
I've met "Forex 4 seasons" on the web and her Forex Freebot. I find this stuff interesting for newcomers. Just for notice :)

hi Sive,
first thank you for your analysis and hope your energy will hold on for your daily videos;
completely different question:
in your trading platform do you have the possibility to go long and short at the same time in the same underlying?
in other words, does your broker allow hedging in this way?

at dukascopy testing platform jforex I had this possibility; the broker I want to choose now for a live account (WH Selvinvest, Luxemburg) disallow this:
if you buy 0,1 lot eur/usd and sell 0,1 lot then there is no position left and you are flat;

so, if I try to build and hold long term positions then I have no possibility to trade intraday short positions on the same fx pair, except you have another account at the same or an other broker;

how do you handle this, what is your recommandation if a broker doesn't offer hedging and basicly is it senseless or not to open longs and shorts at the same time on the same pair?

thank you

Hi Erich
I'm not the big fan of locking. You can't do it on futures in the same contract. But you still can do it - for instance go in short-term scalp trade in leading contract, say, June, but take longer term long position - with farther contract - September.
Also you can do it with options - just sell futures and buy option or vice versa, depending on on your task.

As I know most brokers allow to do lockings. At least Alpari UK, FX Pro.. But do not treat it as recommendation, because I do not trade with them - and don't know how they are in general.

Back