FOREX Pro Weekly, November 15-19, 2010

EUR/USD Update, Thu 18, November 10

Good morning,
As we are expected pivot support 1 provides some support to the market. At the same time, as I've said, I treat current up move only as a retracement. I think, that market has all chances to reach 1.33-1.3330 area.
My prefferable target of current retracement is a 4-hour confluence resistance and weekly pivot point around 1.3770-1.3780. Also this will be a good context for daily B&B sell.
Sense, conclusion as follows:
1. If you're intraday trader, you may try to establish long position with target around 1.3770
2. If you're possitional trader - wait until current retracement up will be over, and use context for daily B&B for establishing new Short positions.

Attachments

• EUR_D_18_11_10.PNG
    EUR_D_18_11_10.PNG
    46.4 KB · Views: 115
  • EUR_D1_18_11_10.PNG
    EUR_D1_18_11_10.PNG
    49.8 KB · Views: 112
  • EUR_4H_18_11_10.PNG
    EUR_4H_18_11_10.PNG
    39.7 KB · Views: 119
MACDp failure

sive, can you teach us how to trade MACDp failure. I heard from you that if there is a MACDp failure the market usually reaches the previous lows/high. It has a very nice probability form what i have seen. However, sometimes it does not. One of those I learnt about yesterday with real money. I attached the chart.

It is EUR/USD 30m. The MACDp failure is in red circle. I entered on the top right border of the circle. My reasons were: MACD failure, OP reached and OB. But the market went north despite of it. How could I trade the failure better? What are the general rules? When does this signal fail? Thanks.

RAsto

Attachments

• EURUSD 30m - MACDp failure.png
    EURUSD 30m - MACDp failure.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 90
sive, can you teach us how to trade MACDp failure. I heard from you that if there is a MACDp failure the market usually reaches the previous lows/high. It has a very nice probability form what i have seen. However, sometimes it does not. One of those I learnt about yesterday with real money. I attached the chart.

It is EUR/USD 30m. The MACDp failure is in red circle. I entered on the top right border of the circle. My reasons were: MACD failure, OP reached and OB. But the market went north despite of it. How could I trade the failure better? What are the general rules? When does this signal fail? Thanks.

RAsto

Well, first of all, stop grabber (i.e. MACDP failure) pattern is a very tricky, especially on lower time frames.
Personally, I look mostly at weekly and daily, because they're more reliable.
Monthly also is OK, but sometimes they lead not to mothly opposite extremes, but to extremes on lower time frame.
Also I suggest that you should not use a stop grabber as a single context for entering the trade. If you take a look at your chart - there are no sell signals, except suspicion stop grabber. Better use them as additional detail in context.
Second, stop grabbers work better on opposite retracements - say, you have thrust up and during pull back to support you see one or two stop grabbers.
That is much better, than your case - when stop grabber bar in a row with whole move up. Other words - stop grabbers under resitances and above the supports are safer.
Usual rule for enter - after confirmation fo stop grabber - wait for retracement to Fib level on lower time frame with the stop beyond of grabber's extreme.
Stop grabber fails if market takes extreme of grabber's bar.

Hi Sive, Thank you for responding to my questions. Here is an image of the chart where I thought I saw a DRPO BUY LAL pattern on the 4 hr time frame. Thank you for any comments as I am trying to learn more.

Attachments

• 4-hr-chart.gif
    4-hr-chart.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 77
Thank you!

Sive,
<O:p</O:p
Thank you so very much for posting the text of your analysis. I sometimes have difficultly understanding you (my fault). Being able to read & re-read your analysis has done wonders for me. Thank you again.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p

Warmest regards,<O:p</O:p
Tom<O:p</O:p

Last edited:
MACD Predictor

This is a question for Rasto007:
Where can I find the MACD Predictor that you are using?
Good trading!

For some reason the file did not attache. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Will try again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you!

For some reason the file did not attache. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Will try again.

Thank you MidnightRun! I did not try them yet but I surely will. I think I need some help because I do not know where to copy the files on MT4.
Good trading to you!

Back