FOREX PRO Weekly October 15-19, 2012

Hi Sive,
Great analysis as usual. Big thanks for your priceless analysis & time.
Pls am sorry to ask this trivial question, though I asked you last week but your reply does not
Answer my question. Pls my question is how can I draw trend line the way you drew your
AB=CD without extending beyond the AB=CD levels.
I use MT4 and if I draw trend line, it often extend beyond the area I want it and it does not make
my chart appear neat, pls I have attached a chart so you can see the AB=CD and flag I drew
PLS IF ANYONE IN THE HOUSE CAN HELP, IT WILL BE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
Thanks

1. Double click on the line, then when the line selected (by shown some dots on line)
2. Right click, select tab 'parameters', and deselect 'Ray'
Or for no:
1. Right click on empty space in chart, select 'object list', then select the line you want to trim, select 'edit' then continue with no2 above

Hi Ochills,
Severianus outstriped me a bit. Yep, just remove "ray" feature in properties of trend line...

Hi Sive,
Pls am sorry to ask this trivial question, though I asked you last week but your reply does not
Answer my question. Pls my question is how can I draw trend line the way you drew your
I use MT4 and if I draw trend line, it often extend beyond the area I want it and it does not make
my chart appear neat, pls I have attached a chart so you can see the AB=CD and flag I drew
Thanks

What software are you using?
if market scope and i understand what you are asking, then you would need to use line function, with which you can tailor the length of the line. Then copy the line?
have i misunderstood?

Hi Sive,
Thanks

People have mentioned turning the ray on or off.
However the best way to draw n ABCD in MT4 is the Fibonacci Expansion tool.

Click Insert Fibonacci > Expansion.
Then draw the AB leg and drag the C leg the correct point.
It then gives you 61.8, 100, and 161.8 levels..you can add others in the properties

Like I wrote before it start to look more and more like wave 4 and then a burst up to wave 5, 1,32 something

Weekly it s seen clearly, target greater than 1.32. So much for my shorts. But after that abc correction if I am correct, so then it is time to regain a bit

Hey Sive,

My question is not really related to your analysis today.

I have a question about the DRPO pattern.

In the book, it says "the signal remains intact (...) until the 0.618 retracement from the furthermost extreme of the consolidation area to the furthermost extreme on the thrust, has been exceeded on close."

I am having a bit of trouble understanding this. Is this the way you exit from a DRPO also or do you use another method to exit the trade? Maybe k-support or 50% of the thrust up or something?

Thanks!

Hey Sive,

My question is not really related to your analysis today.

I have a question about the DRPO pattern.

In the book, it says "the signal remains intact (...) until the 0.618 retracement from the furthermost extreme of the consolidation area to the furthermost extreme on the thrust, has been exceeded on close."

I am having a bit of trouble understanding this. Is this the way you exit from a DRPO also or do you use another method to exit the trade? Maybe k-support or 50% of the thrust up or something?

Thanks!

Hi Beekay,
probably you confuse failure point with target of DRPO. Those part of text that you've posted - it tells about conditions of DRPO failure, i.e. if price exceeds 0.618 retracement by close.
And target, yes, 50% support/resistance of thrust of DRPO (although this is not specified in book). In book minimum target is OP (AB=CD) from the tops of DRPO. I give you example on Gold chart, although this DRPO is not perfect:

Attachments

• gold_drpo.gif
    gold_drpo.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 36
Back