FOREX PRO Weekly September 03-07, 2012

Hello
I am little bit confused about stop graber pattern
can anyone please give me explanation or any useful link where i can read about it?

Hi Sive and thank you, as usual, for your daily update. I'd like to ask you a question about ECB. About a year ago mr. Trichet was announcing ECB was going to buy bonds of italy, spain etc. If i don't mistake, in march 2012 ecb stopped that purchase plan. The question is: after that, did ECB hold bonds that he purchased or did he sold again to market? (i don't know if this information was disclosed or not, so i am asking here. It would be interesting to know also for making an assessment of mr. Monti job and btp-bund spread (in italy everyone talk about spread everyday :-D ))

Hi Papao,
I do not remember exactly (to be honest), so correct me if I'm wrong, but as I know, ECB didn't buy much bonds, since year ago yields of Italy bonds were quite low - about 3% (growth has began closer to 2012). At least in a way of QE. Any central bank, as ECB, as Fed buying and selling some pre-specified types of bonds to control money demand/supply and overnight rate. But when that start such as QE program this buying becomes of extreme volume.
Fed now has on balance approx. 2.3 Trln of Treasuries and MBS. But they do not hold it forever. Possibly they will start to sell them, but very gradual when market becomes stronger.
The same should be with Spain and Italy. But when it will be particularly - who knows.

Hi Georgeta,
first of all, this is not quite correct buttefly, since it is on bottom, while it should be on top (Beekay has drawn correct one). Hence, more probably that this is "222" pattern. And this turns you in quite different scenario - you should trade it on long side by inner AB=CD pattern. (also pay attention to greater AB-CD that starts from 118.5 low)

Thank you for the detailed reply!

I didnt explain quite clearly.

I am looking to catch the "222" Sell on Weekly Chart. I was looking for sell signals around 61.8 expansion first (100 expansion makes perfect agreement with 61.8, by the way).

I dont deny the big Butterfly, but I think on the right wing there was also a Butterfly. The rally started at "a" point so I think that the small Butterfly is on top of this move. I actually traded this consistently because of the Double Top with SG signal.

Thank you as always!

Attachments

• gbpjpyd.gif
    gbpjpyd.gif
    44.6 KB · Views: 19
  • gbpjpyh4.gif
    gbpjpyh4.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 19
For Papao

BTW,
today Draghi said that ECB intends to hold bonds that they will purchase till maturity. Here is the answer.
Second, I recall that ECB indeed has started some buyback in 2010, but they bought Ireland and Protugal bonds. In 2011 they have started the same procedure with Italy and Spain, but they have stopped it soon, due unsufficient levers in ECB hands to control situation. They were needed some political decision.
Looks like now they have it...

BTW,
today Draghi said that ECB intends to hold bonds that they will purchase till maturity. Here is the answer.
Second, I recall that ECB indeed has started some buyback in 2010, but they bought Ireland and Protugal bonds. In 2011 they have started the same procedure with Italy and Spain, but they have stopped it soon, due unsufficient levers in ECB hands to control situation. They were needed some political decision.
Looks like now they have it...

thank you sive for your double reply. In these two days we saw a big appreciation of euro (i think this is related to risk on/risk off), even if nfp were worse than expected..btw, i'm looking forward for your next weekly review :)

Hello

I have a repetitive problems with languages.
I wanted to print this page but if I click on printable view it always switch from english to spanish. Unfortunately last week it was the same but it switched to thai language immediately (not only printable views) on certain parts of FPA (not everywhere! just on some panels in the same browser on the same pc unfortunately on the same parts of fpa so I decided to read them later but today it is spanish instead of thai,)
I didnot solve problem with thai since clicking on english flag didnot help, neither deleting "th" from web address in browser, it always jumped to thai without asking....
if you have some time please take a look at this issue I bet I am not the only one who has probůems.
thanks in advance :)
X.

I tried to restart pc and browser
but something got wrong again...
I was on english version of text but my reply appeared as spanish text...huh... maybe you have a ghost on fpa web

othervise, thank you for perfect analysis from Mr. Morten, God bless him and his family:)

....so finnaly after an hour of attempts I printed the english version... dont you do it because then you have more views of your advertisment??? of course not I am just kidding even if you dont rectify this I will read your web everyday....:)

Last edited:
use google chrome for the browser. or use safari on mac os X and you can print very easily only the main text without any of the other garbage; print to PDF is also possible from both safari and chrome.

BUT never ever ever use microsoft internet explorer! it's the worst piece of software trash ever created. well, actually no true. ms-dos and all windows iterations are the worst trash ever created.

I tried to restart pc and browser
but something got wrong again...
I was on english version of text but my reply appeared as spanish text...huh... maybe you have a ghost on fpa web

othervise, thank you for perfect analysis from Mr. Morten, God bless him and his family:)

....so finnaly after an hour of attempts I printed the english version... dont you do it because then you have more views of your advertisment??? of course not I am just kidding even if you dont rectify this I will read your web everyday....:)
I do this the low tech way :) I copy the text and images into a word document and can then easily save or print that. I am also trying out OneNote which seems pretty flexible.

All the best

Michael

Back