• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Forex Robot World Cup - Lack of Transparency

lmb

Recruit
Yesterday I purchased the winning EAs from FRWC. I then remembered that they said they will be limiting the number of copies they are planning to sell. So I asked them. First I was told that they are unwilling to reveal that information. I told Andrew at FRWC that they claim that transparency is one of their cornerstones. He asked: "We are support of FRWC robots. Please ask your questions about robots!" Now what happened to transparency? Anyone with similar experiences?

Royal Trader package from Forex World Cup

Hi
I'm concerned about this as I've followed for several weeks and was about to buy on the 16th but a number of questions came up when Fusion V Super Robot (an amalgamation of the top three winners apparently) was also announced - which I didn'y expect. Namely:

Why use Plimus for payment which has had some awful feedback, when many (if not most) have had good experiences with Clickbank who are known to honour refunds after trials - at least for those traders I know?

Was the Fusion V a collusion all along with the LMS, HiRider people who i believed were totally independent traders?

I want to believe that all is totally above board, but my gut feelings are holding me back. Do keep us posted on how it's all working out as you've jumped in already! I hope they work really well. ...a slightly sceptical Player

Hi. I've been preparing to trade, but not actually trading, for some time. When you backtest a strategy you can tune parameters to get great results for the test period that are not reproduced in forward trading. If you live test 329 robots, one or more may give surprising results if the price action in the test period just happens to suit it. The number 1 robot in particular has a pattern of trading in the published results that smacks of some lucky fits to me. Is there a reason to think it will continue to be good in future periods? It would be different if I had the source code to spot vulnerabilities and have some idea when to use it and when to disable it. HiRider seemed to me to have a more credible pattern of trading but i'd want to study it more to see if it was using insane stops to allow time for trades to move into profit - the time period I think suited stops with big drawdown. I'd happily pay $97 to take a punt on HiRider, but I'm reluctant to shell out $999 on a black box working 5 or more unknown strategies. I hope you post again about its performance in forward trading.

Back