• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Forex romance scam

I am having an issue with a company
You should file online complaints with the US FBI and Department of Homeland Security. You should also file a formal complaint with Meta Quotes about this broker. Meta Quotes has a direct liability if your family used Meta Trader for any of the fake trading.
Thank you for the advice. We've filed with local Canadian police and the FBI and are in the process of filing with Canadian securities and anti fraud centres. We've been working with the bank and credit bureaus to secure accounts. Unfortunately Canadian authorities can't do much... I've looked at Metaquotes.net just now and not really seeing how to contact them to file a formal complaint... only to request demos via a form. The contact on their legal page also leads back to the demo request form. To be honest, I'm just trying to navigate this world to help out my family member... It's all a little insane.

Sometimes is not only about recovering the funds but reporting them makes the authorities aware that there are more victims falling into this. Maybe your story is a bit different from other victims so the officials know where and how to catch these people. Those scammers want the victims to be silent and if all of them don't report then, they had succeeded. It's true that recovery is slim but it doesn't mean 0. Sorry for what happened to you and your family. Stay strong and monetary loss can always earn back.
Agreed. I've been trying to put together what I can without forcing my relative and filing reports with whoever hear it. I also worry that my relative continues to engage with other potential scammers as he's elderly doesn't seem to fully grasp the amount of phishing he is exposed to. I'm also pretty concerned that he's not the only one of his friend group that is being targeted. Everyone is all about saving face and so there's a complete reluctance to warn others of what's going on.

Please be extremely wary, There are a lot of these scams going on now.
I have seen that after I found this site.
I had earned that money over one year. In my case the profile belonged to a so called Russian girl aka Irina Lopez. https://www.facebook.com/irina.lopez.31508076
Feelings of loneliness were present on a high level when this person approached on Facebook dating (Btw, I would say that every free dating site out there today is rife with scammers! Too many on Facebook dating). Got lured in through the sweet talks and my personal naievity, and after some hesitation , tried with investing. Saw profits and put more in. She would provoke me by saying put a little more , make the profit and withdraw that.
Then I think when she saw that I've been exploited to the maximum potential , she planned a reckless bad trade and everything was lost. Now I realize these were all fake trades. They just took the money and put out these trades on display. Once i had tried a withdrawal and the company , Glluck limited said , I needed to trade atleast 10 lots before I could withdraw. So then I traded more (this was a second smaller investment after losing the first one) and the same happened, she planned a bad trade and this was lost.
I was in a very bad mental condition about a month back when all this just ended. On top of that , the girl (probably 2-3 scam Chinese guys) also slowly and tactfully withdrew from my life and that too was quite painful as I was deeply infatuated (at the time felt like love) and as I couldn't grasp the reality at the time that this was a scam, for some days.
But now I feel better. If anything. I could understand myself better from this experience. Even if I make a lot of money , would never go anywhere near any investments again.

I have seen that after I found this site.
I had earned that money over one year. In my case the profile belonged to a so called Russian girl aka Irina Lopez. https://www.facebook.com/irina.lopez.31508076
Feelings of loneliness were present on a high level when this person approached on Facebook dating (Btw, I would say that every free dating site out there today is rife with scammers! Too many on Facebook dating). Got lured in through the sweet talks and my personal naievity, and after some hesitation , tried with investing. Saw profits and put more in. She would provoke me by saying put a little more , make the profit and withdraw that.
Then I think when she saw that I've been exploited to the maximum potential , she planned a reckless bad trade and everything was lost. Now I realize these were all fake trades. They just took the money and put out these trades on display. Once i had tried a withdrawal and the company , Glluck limited said , I needed to trade atleast 10 lots before I could withdraw. So then I traded more (this was a second smaller investment after losing the first one) and the same happened, she planned a bad trade and this was lost.
I was in a very bad mental condition about a month back when all this just ended. On top of that , the girl (probably 2-3 scam Chinese guys) also slowly and tactfully withdrew from my life and that too was quite painful as I was deeply infatuated (at the time felt like love) and as I couldn't grasp the reality at the time that this was a scam, for some days.
But now I feel better. If anything. I could understand myself better from this experience. Even if I make a lot of money , would never go anywhere near any investments again.
This did happen to me, but I wouldn't let it put you off of investments. Investments are important and this is why this scam makes me so angry because it does exactly this. I went through this experiance but during the conversation with the scammer who I did have love for (I had already based it upon a variable that this was a scam) I was doing my own research on a different account. I realized the charts didn't match from mt4 and forex.com. but I wanted it to be true so I went along with it (because I'm retarded, I knew what was going to happen XD.) I still talk to the girl she has no idea I know. We video chat, it was a small portion of my investments but what hurt was the lie they forged. Forex is a high risk investment anyway. So it's hard to combat this. Without direction from any signal you place a stop loss and take profit and generate funds with proper chart knowledge. Also, don't even do forex, too volatile. The American stock market is a great savings account.

This did happen to me, but I wouldn't let it put you off of investments. Investments are important and this is why this scam makes me so angry because it does exactly this. I went through this experiance but during the conversation with the scammer who I did have love for (I had already based it upon a variable that this was a scam) I was doing my own research on a different account. I realized the charts didn't match from mt4 and forex.com. but I wanted it to be true so I went along with it (because I'm retarded, I knew what was going to happen XD.) I still talk to the girl she has no idea I know. We video chat, it was a small portion of my investments but what hurt was the lie they forged. Forex is a high risk investment anyway. So it's hard to combat this. Without direction from any signal you place a stop loss and take profit and generate funds with proper chart knowledge. Also, don't even do forex, too volatile. The American stock market is a great savings account.

When it had only just happened to me , I was in a state of trance , and could not accept the terms that I was actually "a victim". Later I realized that these chums are brazen , pathetic criminals. Pathetic leeches , the whole lot of them. If your still talking to this rat , try to have it tracked , no matter where they are in this world.
These are cockroaches , you stomp on one and hundreds come up.
They are professionals and this is only *a job* to them. Us victims are their *employment*.
What's lost is lost , the only focus is to try and get back the money lost, quite possibly with the assistance of a solicitor.
Once , more and more people get educated about ongoing scams and stop offering money to random strangers, these scams will stop.
Any sensible trader will discourage participating in forex investments. It's trash.

People! Stay away from these thieves advertising investments via dating apps! There are soooo many similar stories posted here... It is so sad...

If you are having a serious problem with a company, you should open your own thread in Scam Alerts and give details.

Why your own thread?

1. If the person who started this thread has their issue resolved, this whole thread will be marked as resolved.

2. Your thread can have a link from your review. This makes your issue more visible.

3. Issues can be different. Having your own thread makes it easier to get advice specific to resolving your issue.

Can I just check if you did ignored the emails asking you to pay the fees right? Even if they keep emailing you, just ignore them?

Can I just check if you did ignored the emails asking you to pay the fees right? Even if they keep emailing you, just ignore them?
If you still want to play with the scammers, don’t ignore it but drag them until they give some of your principal back to you.
If you truly believe you cannot get it back then just block them, hack them or do whatever you want, JUST don’t give any more money to these scammers.

Back