• Please try to select the correct prefix when making a new thread in this folder.

Discuss is for general discussions of a financial company or issues related to companies.

Info is for things like "Has anyone heard of Company X?" or "Is Company X legit or not?"

Compare is for things like "Which of these 2 (or more) companies is best?"

Searching is for things like "Help me pick a broker" or "What's the best VPS out there for trading?"

Problem is for reporting an issue with a company. Please don't just scream "CompanyX is a scam!" It is much more useful to say "I can't withdraw my money from Company X" or "Company Y is not honoring their refund guarantee" in the subject line.
    Keep Problem discussions civil and lay out the facts of your case. Your goal should be to get your problem resolved or reported to the regulators, not to see how many insults you can put into the thread.

More info coming soon.

Problem Forex romance scam

I am having an issue with a company

Charles93

Private, 1st Class
A beautiful blonde girl got in touch with me through a dating app and told me she made alot of money trading forex. Asked me to switch to watsapp. She said she uses GLLUCK limited as her broker. Trades on this app called MT4.
She forged a relationship with me within some time of meeting me online.
She love bomed me and ultimately after initial hesitation I agreed to try investing. Initially for over a month I saw profits following her *signals* then one day lost my entire investment.
Later she asked me to invest a little bit and said the lost funds can be recovered. Ultimately when these funds too were lost following one of her signals, my account balance on MT4 went negative.
Days later I received a mail from GLLUCK advising me to pay the negative balance of over 500 USD or they can take action. see the mail below.
Should I bother paying this money at all ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-004337~4.png
    Screenshot_20210721-004337~4.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 71
A beautiful blonde girl got in touch with me through a dating app and told me she made alot of money trading forex. Asked me to switch to watsapp. She said she uses GLLUCK limited as her broker. Trades on this app called MT4.
She forged a relationship with me within some time of meeting me online.
She love bomed me and ultimately after initial hesitation I agreed to try investing. Initially for over a month I saw profits following her *signals* then one day lost my entire investment.
Later she asked me to invest a little bit and said the lost funds can be recovered. Ultimately when these funds too were lost following one of her signals, my account balance on MT4 went negative.
Days later I received a mail from GLLUCK advising me to pay the negative balance of over 500 USD or they can take action. see the mail below.
Should I bother paying this money at all ?
Share the website address and lodge local compliant first.

The investment was made on the MT4 platform. And I would transfer funds from Binance to their wallet address.

This is the site address. I think these mails are only for intimidating me. I have very little money and don't want to pay more to these scammers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210721-004337~4.png
    Screenshot_20210721-004337~4.png
    195.2 KB · Views: 36
This is the site address. I think these mails are only for intimidating me. I have very little money and don't want to pay more to these scammers.
This scam is common and there is even published guides the scammers use to teach their recruits on how to run the scam. See more details below and Metaquotes is also responsible for your loss.

1627056587472.png

1627056609141.png

1627056627581.png

Well law enforcement really is not good combating these things where I am.
Best recourse is the banks.
Thank you for posting these details in such depth. This money I lost can be earned over some months.
But one thing is certain , that these so called *recovery companies* may also be connected with these scamming rackets as they tend to charge fees upfront before proceeding with the so called *case*.

All we can do is make as many Innocent people aware of the existence of such elaborate rackets.

This scam is common and there is even published guides the scammers use to teach their recruits on how to run the scam. See more details below and Metaquotes is also responsible for your loss.

View attachment 67093
View attachment 67094
View attachment 67095

My family member fell victim to this recently. Lost close to 100K. Not sure what I can do to help. I screenshot whatever I could from the platform, conversations, etc. Local authorities do not have the ability to do much. Trying to follow up with the bank, but it all seems extremely bleak.

My family member fell victim to this recently. Lost close to 100K. Not sure what I can do to help. I screenshot whatever I could from the platform, conversations, etc. Local authorities do not have the ability to do much. Trying to follow up with the bank, but it all seems extremely bleak.

Sometimes is not only about recovering the funds but reporting them makes the authorities aware that there are more victims falling into this. Maybe your story is a bit different from other victims so the officials know where and how to catch these people. Those scammers want the victims to be silent and if all of them don't report then, they had succeeded. It's true that recovery is slim but it doesn't mean 0. Sorry for what happened to you and your family. Stay strong and monetary loss can always earn back.

You should file online complaints with the US FBI and Department of Homeland Security. You should also file a formal complaint with Meta Quotes about this broker. Meta Quotes has a direct liability if your family used Meta Trader for any of the fake trading.

Back