Forex Signal (Fri, April 02, 8:30 am EST) US NonFarm Employment

I think the best thing is to find out how to get the info the moment it's released. Crazy Cat has given us a guide as to what should happen. If the market goes the opposite to what's expected then you know something's up.

i agree, this seems to be a common problem :nerd:

Data request

Hello people,
I do not exactly know where I should post this but anyway.

I am doing my master thesis on High frequency trading (HFT) and algorithmic trading and I need to investigate in one of such techniques through data analysis...

Since I believe news trading with the forex news weapon for example (as we used to do it a few time ago) is one of such easy techniques to investigate in, I was wondering if there is any possibility I find truthfull trade historic on this site from a few traders which are certified by brokers...

Thank you in advance for your answer,

Greets,

Albert Saiyes

Well for a start you needed to place a 'One Cancels Other' order, as this will delete your second order if the first one gets filled. Sounds like both your stops got triggered but neither of your limits (take profit) did so both stop losses got tripped due to the spike, retracement and spike in the other direction. The figures for this particular news event made usd/jpy whipsaw, perhaps next time i will try a retracement strategy rather than trading the initial candle - its just too hard to react to the news instantly :nerd:

Thank you much for the advise!

Back