Forex Signal (Fri, April 30, 08:30 am EST) US Annualized GDP

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Friday, April 30th at 08:30 am New York Time we will have US Annualized GDP coming out. This will be the first reading so it should be a good report to trade. It is expected to read 3.5. Last time it read 5.6.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/JPY by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ator-descriptions/7616-us-gdp-annualized.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.5. This means that if US Annualized GDP comes out at 4.0 or higher, USD/JPY will probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 3.0 or lower, USD/JPY will probably go down by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the Annualized GDP number, we will have Core PCE and GDP Deflator coming out. Both of them measure prices and thus are inflationary indicators. If they conflict, I recommend skipping the trade but most likely there will be no conflicts.

We will also have Canadian GDP at the same time. I think U.S. release is more important and the Canadian report should not make a big impact on USD/JPY.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...zed-gdp-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on January 29th, we had the first reading coming out. The annualized GDP came out at 5.7, versus an expectation of 4.7. USD/JPY went up by about 50 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link:
Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD GDP Annualized

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be trading just this report tomorrow. I think trading USDCAD with CAN GDP at the same time as US GDP could be risky. However CAN GDP release won't have much of an impact on USDJPY and thus trading US GDP can be quite safe and profitable choice.

However I can't figure it out clearly where the USDJPY trend is going. Some analysis say it is going long, in this case positive release could mean staying in the trade for longer time. Some analysis show the other way around and so sell (negative surprise) could be more profitable and could mean staying in the trade longer. Can anyone answer about where the USDJPY trend is going?

Thanks

Back