1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forex Signal (Fri, Jan 08, 8:30 am EST) US NonFarm Employment

Discussion in 'Current Forex Trading Signals' started by Crazy Cat, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat Former FPA Special Consultant

Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with a potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Friday, Jan 08th (8:30 am New York Time) USA

We have US NonFarm Employment Change coming out. It is expected to read -2.5. Last month it read -11.

I recommend trading USD/JPY for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/JPY by going to this link: http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex...ptions/7400-us-nonfarm-employment-change.html

The trigger for this indicator is 70. This means that if US NonFarm Employment Change comes out at 67.5 or better, USD/JPY will probably go up by 50 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -72.5 or more negative, USD/JPY will probably go down by 50 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

We will also have US Unemployment Rate and Average Early Earnings coming out. A deviation of 0.2 on unemployment rate is considered significant but chances are good it will not conflict. Revision is also important and a significant conflict with revision number may mute the move greatly.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex...-change-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on December 04th, US NonFarm Employment Change came out at -11, versus an expectation of -125, as well as the unemployment rate went down by 0.2 and a revision number was significantly better as well. That was a great combination of good news, and USD/JPY went up by around 140 pips. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Nonfarm Employment Change

I hope you make some money on this report.
    -Crazy Cat

#1 Crazy Cat, Jan 7, 2010
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  2. Germain B

Germain B Recruit

Hey Crazy Cat. Thanks for that. I get my news from TD Waterhouse and I see that the estimate from Briefing.com on tomorrow's nonfarm payrolls is -25k but the concensus is -35. Which do you give more weight to? Thanks.

Germain

3. ProfForexFtrader

Hey Crazy Cat

Do you know where one can find a 2010 calendar that shows all the NFP dates? I tried to find one on the internet and couldn't find one.

Thanks my friend and please keep up the excellent work sharing these news events!

Wishing you a very prosperous 2010 New Year!

4. Ricex

Ricex Sergeant

Try here: Forex Calendar @ Forex Factory

Click on the calendar on the left to change the month and NFP is normaly released the first friday of every month unless there is a holiday or something.

5. made4life

made4life Private

6. ProfForexFtrader

Ricex

Thank you very much Ricex

Have a prosperous 2010 New Year!

7. VG5157

VG5157 Recruit

Thank You !1

Thank you ,Mr CAT ,11 pips for me on this report ,i'm happy;)

8. LeftyJones

LeftyJones Recruit

Stop Losses

what size stop loss do you use...iv been using 20 pip sl any ideas??

thanks,
    Lefty