Forex Signal (Fri, Jan 15, 08:30 am EST) US CPI m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

On Friday, Jan 15th (08:30 am New York Time) we will have US CPI m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.2. Last month it read 0.4.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/JPY by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7507-us-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.6. This means that if US CPI m/m comes out at 0.8 or higher, USD/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -0.4 or more negative, USD/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. 99.9% chance it will not deviate by at least 0.6, and the reason why I am giving such huge trigger is because I don't want to trade it but if I don't list this report, I will get a lot of emails asking why.

Currently, the United States of America is not concerned about inflation at all. CPI used to predict possible interest rate changes in the future, but we know for sure the FED will not cut the rates, and also they will not hike the rates either. Currently, the government if more concerned about unemployment and the growth in general, so they will not hike the rates anytime soon, at least they said so.

So, even if it deviates, it will be kind of random price action. Sure, it may work but if you toss a coin, it may work as well.

If you are disappointed that my signal is basically "stay away", then keep in mind that part of the business is to know when to enter and when NOT to enter. This is type of the report that used to be really hot and even 0.1 deviation was sufficient to have a nice spike. Not the best call is stay in the bed if you live in the U.S. time zones.... :)

I still recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD CPI m/m

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, I'm staying out. I don't want to get out of bed at 5:00 am for this one.
I'll take your advice.

All the other ones were good this week, thanks bud...;)

Thanks for the information

As I said in the title thank you for your time and the inforamtion.
Audtralian Employment change (wed) worked exactly as you mentioned in your retracment chart.Although I did not make much money, got little, and got out of the market as it moved against to my position.

Thanks

I appreciate very much such iniciative, I am looking for viewing some more friends here to help the new ones , like me ( hehehe).

Do You known if this relationship would happen every month ?

:)

I will see it with my own peepers!!!!

Thank you Crazy cat, for the advise, I have to tell you that the last signal you gave us worked great for me I made about 30 pips, and that was today!!!. I will take you advice, but I still want to watch the market move with my own eyes even if I have to get up at five because in Mexico we are two hours behind New York.
Keep up the excellent work guys, and once again THANK YOU!!!!;)

news service

hi crazycat,

is it necessary to subscribe to some news site for early news to trade ur signals. i generally use fxstreet.com(free economic calender). i understand tht i dont get the fastest news but is it still possible to enter ur signals by just following these regular unpaid news sites. and do u recomend any news site subscription.

thanks
puneet

News???

Hi... Where i can see Eco news real time data?? Like real time US CPI???
Especially from Aussie. Because. I use dow jones but the news/data just came from US/UK/UE/CAD. no Aussie/NZ. Thank you

Thanks for the work, and it works.

Thanks you Crazy Cat, your information is so useful, even sometime when I got the number of news , the forex market already moved a lot, hehe, my hand not so fast, yeah? but anyway, your analysis is so good! Thanks.

Thank you

Hi CrazyCat,
Thanks for your effort.
However, I am not able to catch the profits as when I get the data, the spreads are too big & price already gone up/down..

Many Thanks

A great thank you goes to you Crazy cat...I have been making profits with your signals. I have also been recommending this great site to my friends who are Fx traders.....Keep up the good work. May God continue to bless you and your entire crew and families....
cheers!

Back