Forex Signal (Fri, Jan 22, 03:30 EST) German Manufacturing PM

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Friday, Jan 22nd (03:30 am New York Time) we will have German Manufacturing PMI coming out. It is expected to read 52.9. Last month it read 52.7.

I recommend trading EUR/USD for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the EUR/USD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...scriptions/7687-german-manufacturing-pmi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 2.1. This means that if German Manufacturing PMI comes out at 55.0 or higher, EUR/USD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 50.8 or lower, EUR/USD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ing-pmi-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on August 21st, German Manufacturing PMI came out at 49, versus an expectation of 47. EUR/USD went up by over 50 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts
German Services PMI was released at the same time, and also came out much better. Though German Services PMI does not usually affect EUR/USD by that much, I believe on August 21st, it acted as a catalyst, which created bigger move.

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for GER Manufacturing PMI

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Not worth trading.

I'd recommend staying out of this report. Analyzing the historical data this announcement is not worth trading. Even the august successful trade cannot be clearly identified whether it's a result of the news impact or normal market behaviour, because of slow reaction that took so much time to develop.

I think this one is in most cases more loosing than winning.

I receiver your mail at Friday, Jan 22nd - 03:45 am New York Time :confused:

15:28 GER Manufacturing PMI 53.4 52.9 52.7

with the uk retail coming out at 04.30am EST where is the german pmi at 03.30am EST - calender shows previous one 1 3/4Hr before:eek:oh:

I go to the charts and it shows that this has already been announced 1-21-2010 at 3:28 EST. There's even a chart posted. What happened? :confused:

Nice Work Cracy Cat

Hi ,

I appreciate ur Work. U make me learn Forex and earn Pips. Thanks a lot.
Well, This German Manufacturing PMI report seems to be sent late. Reports were already up to date.

Anyways, Keep doing ur great Job!!!

Thanks;)

Back