Forex Signal (Fri, March 12, 08:30 am EST) US Core Retail Sales m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with a potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Friday, March 12th (8:30 am New York Time) USA

We have US Core Retail Sales m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.2. Last month it read 0.6.

I recommend trading USD/JPY for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/JPY by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7509-us-retail-sales.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.7. This means that if US Core Retail Sales m/m comes out at 0.9 or more, USD/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -0.5 or more negative, USD/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

We will also have US regular Retail Sales coming out, and if they conflict, I recommend staying out.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...les-m-m-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on December 11th, US Core Retail Sales came out at 1.2, versus an expectation of 0.4. USD/JPY went up by 60 pips. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Core Retail Sales m/m

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi CC,

I'm new to SNW and wondering how I set it up so that if regular sales conflicts with core sales, how do I stop it from triggering the core sales trade if that number hits my trigger?

Hi CC,

I'm new to SNW and wondering how I set it up so that if regular sales conflicts with core sales, how do I stop it from triggering the core sales trade if that number hits my trigger?

You can't, SNW does'nt have that ability. Therefore my suggestion would be to use CC's trigger of 0.7 and if we do get that kind of deviation it will be highly unlikely that Headline Retail Sales will conflict, and even in the event that it does the Core number will almost certainlly win out price action wise.

US core retail vs headline

I have to agree with LEXngton. I have traded this report many times with SNW and hardly ever come across a conflict. A -/+0.7 deviation on the core number is pretty safe and if it hits this value either way it will see a nice spike on usd/jpy and the other yen pairs.

Thanks guys, spoken to support at SNW also and got a few ideas to test out.

Still looking for my first SNW win so hopefully today will be my lucky day?!

What’s Expected
Time of release: 03/12/2010 13:30 GMT, 08:30 EST
Primary Pair Impact : EURUSD
Expected: -0.2%
Previous: 0.5%

What do you think about these expectation?

Those estimates are for retail sales, this thread is for core retail sales. 0.1 expected for core retail sales.

Finally got the trigger but another requote by my broker. I think I'll be returning SNW after next week, cannot get it to work at all for fills.

I am still in the process of searching good broker, but thanks to this advice I was able to get 307USD profit out of my initial 400USD training account!!!

Too bad I am still not on real one :( But great tip anyway!

Back