Forex Signal (Fri, March 12, 7:00 am EST) Canadian Employment

LMAO. I bloody well knew it! This is a real joke now...nearly 15 days without a successful trade.

Hey habrys

You have a good point. I really don't look too much at market depth. I look more at the pips that can me made and eur/cad always moves much more than usd/cad for CAD news releases.

Having said that my broker, FXCM UK, is dire for filling me when it comes to spike trading with eur/cad and even usd/cad with more market depth.

Really? Market Depth in my platform shows 140-160 millions for USD/CAD and only 60-80 millions for EUR/CAD.

Does your broker have better volatility on EUR/CAD, than USD/CAD?

The CAD employment release that just came out was ridiculous! The +5.4K deviation should not have moved the market so favourably for $CAD. Normally you need to see a deviation of at least 15K to get into a decent trade.

Usd/cad has been stuck for almost a couple of weeks in a channel and has been looking for proper direction for some time now. Well before this release the market had already decided at some stage to get $CAD on parity with $USD. I think today's small positive CAD employment release was the catalyst for this.

Back on Jan 13, 2010 a major daily support was created around 1.0220. If you go back on the hourly chart to Feb 10, 2010, the market did bounce of this daily support. With the CAD news that just came out forced price through this important support level. I believe it is not long before $CAD:$USD are 1:1.

40pips in 5min, great.

Thank you guys, I was able to get 20pips out of it!
But it was only because I react quickly when I saw USD/CAD falling down. I still cant find that actual report anywhere, thats why I asked about realtime info channel, because everything happened like 10secs after 7am. :(

Hi spellshaper

To get the news data as soon as it comes out I recommend you subscribe to Secret News Weapon: FastEconomicNews.com. You cannot get faster news results than this piece of software.

Several years ago I subscribed to 'Trade The News.' Have a look: Trade The News - Live Audio Breaking Market News Analysis and Futures Calls. Good luck!

Thank you guys, I was able to get 20pips out of it!
But it was only because I react quickly when I saw USD/CAD falling down. I still cant find that actual report anywhere, thats why I asked about realtime info channel, because everything happened like 10secs after 7am. :(

Thanks for the signals! While there is no doubt they can be potentially very profitable, one has to have the news in real-time. Any tips out there for getting the news as close to real time as possible? Thanks! I'm learning, but have a longgg way to go!

Back