Forex Signal (Fri, March 26, 08:30 am EST) US Annualized GDP

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Friday, March 26th at 08:30 am New York Time we will have US Annualized GDP coming out. This is the third reading so it does not move as much as it was the first reading. In any case, it is expected to read 5.9. Last time it read 5.9.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/JPY by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ator-descriptions/7616-us-gdp-annualized.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.7. This means that if US Annualized GDP comes out at 6.6 or higher, USD/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 5.2 or lower, USD/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the Annualized GDP number, we will have Core PCE and GDP Deflator coming out. Both of them measure prices and thus are inflationary indicators. If they conflict, I recommend skipping the trade but most likely there will be no conflicts.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...zed-gdp-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on December 22nd, we had the third reading coming out. The annualized GDP came out at 2.2, versus an expectation of 2.8. USD/JPY went down by about 30 pips although it did not hit my trigger. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD GDP Annualized

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Forex trading signal reports

Where can i see these reports when they first come out so i can make a trade?

For those who use SNW, at what time the actual numbers for the indicators come out at their system? At the same time or before the release?

Cause if they are released at the same time or seconds after, I think it's way too pricey, isn't it?

Using SNW

I have been a user of SNW for 4 years. Economic numbers for certain news releases are kept 'in lock up.' Having said that some news releases do get leaked before SNW even gets the number. Then you really need to disable SNW or you will get a bad fill. I have seen this happen a few times.

As soon as data comes out SNW gets the info instantaneously. The main problem is actually using SNW with a broker that will fill you around news releases. I tried to trade UK Retail Sales with FXCM early this morning and got rejected. Happens a lot of the time.

SNW certainly does have its fee to go with its use, though hunt around for a broker that will fill you. I know there are several MT4 platforms out there with variable spreads that guarantee fills, though remember you will get slipped.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
How do you calc trigger?

This is a good question. I learned how to calculate triggers myself for all tradable reports by simply looking at charts (the 1 minute candle or tick chart) for a long time. I got into forex 5years ago and did a lot of self education. Look at these charts after news has come out. See what kind of a bearish or bullish spike you get. Compare the forecast number for a certain release with the actual number. Look at the deviation it caused between these two numbers and go from there.

I have been a user of SNW for 4 years.

West Coast Pips, please tell me what are your typical Delivery Timer values in SNW? I've heard somewhere, that in US they can be as low as 20ms. I live in Europe, get about 70ms and start to worry if it's not too much...

I have been a user of SNW for 4 years. Economic numbers for certain news releases are kept 'in lock up.' Having said that some news releases do get leaked before SNW even gets the number. Then you really need to disable SNW or you will get a bad fill. I have seen this happen a few times.

As soon as data comes out SNW gets the info instantaneously. The main problem is actually using SNW with a broker that will fill you around news releases. I tried to trade UK Retail Sales with FXCM early this morning and got rejected. Happens a lot of the time.

SNW certainly does have its fee to go with its use, though hunt around for a broker that will fill you. I know there are several MT4 platforms out there with variable spreads that guarantee fills, though remember you will get slipped.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for answering, but I got a little confused now, I thought that SNW was just a way for you to know the actual numbers of a news release quicker, so you don't get caught by the spike, but for what you said, it's more than just that.

Sorry to bother you, but would you mind explain to me how exactly does SNW work?

Thanks for answering, but I got a little confused now, I thought that SNW was just a way for you to know the actual numbers of a news release quicker, so you don't get caught by the spike, but for what you said, it's more than just that.

Sorry to bother you, but would you mind explain to me how exactly does SNW work?

Hi there

You're not bothering me; I like to be able to share what info I have on forex. I suggest you read this page to give you more insight into SNW: FastEconomicNews.com. In summary, what this software does is give you the news data as soon as it comes out AND be able to automatically trigger a buy or sell on a specific currency pair with your forex broker. You will probably know by now that price action can spike when news data comes out. You have to be aware of triggers for the most common reports.

West Coast Pips, please tell me what are your typical Delivery Timer values in SNW? I've heard somewhere, that in US they can be as low as 20ms. I live in Europe, get about 70ms and start to worry if it's not too much...

Hi there

I live in Canada, west coast, and the closer you are geographically to the SNW server the better your delivery times. I typically get about 48ms. Can you tell me what broker you use please?

Back