Forex Signal (Fri, May 007, 8:30 am EST) US NonFarm Employment

These are tense times in the market, predicting directions has become much harder because of the rapid change in sentiment, the slightest tremor can quickly be amplified out of proportion.

In stable markets predictions can follow historic data, when markets start getting panicky this reliability in what they may do diminishes. This unpredictability arises due to the fuel of all market movements...... simple human emotions.

You may want to read this also: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/general-forex-talk/7961-trading-news.html

I got very badly burned by this trade. NFP often has its risks. Today the unemployment number deviated by +0.2 (which is bad) causing a conflict with the big deviation for Non-Farm Employment Change. There was a very quick spike up and then it came crashing down. I lost a huge amount of money.

I also lost a lot of money on this one. I went in with after spike strategy and after that it just kept going more and more down. I set up the SL and it went down for another 20pips before it exited the trade?! crazy.

probably some big institutional players got a lot of money with this one on our account!

There was a spike up for the Un. Change (NFP) deviation and a spike down for the Un. Rate, also because of the conflict between th Un. Change and the Un. Rate that came out at +0.2 which is significant. I never trade Un. Changes and Un. Rates on any currency when there are such conflicts between both data. What happened was reasonably predictable in my view.

Back