Forex Signal (Friday, May 21, 07:00 am EST) Canadian Core CPI m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there,

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Friday, May 21st (07:00 am New York Time) we will have Canadian Core CPI m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.2. Last month it read -0.2.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/CAD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7508-canadian-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.2. This means that if Canadian Core CPI m/m comes out at 0.4 or higher, USD/CAD will probably go down by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0.0 or negative, USD/CAD will probably go up by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Last month it actually worked really nice. It came out at -0.2 vs. 0.1 expected, and USD/CAD spiked up by 45 pips. But still be careful as not long time ago it had really random price actions. Here is the chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD Core CPI m/m

I hope you will not lose money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Canadian CPI

Does it affest the AUD/CAD as well? Im in short AC. May need to close position befor report

Hi there,

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Friday, May 21st (07:00 am New York Time) we will have Canadian Core CPI m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.2. Last month it read -0.2.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/CAD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7508-canadian-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.2. This means that if Canadian Core CPI m/m comes out at 0.4 or higher, USD/CAD will probably go down by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0.0 or negative, USD/CAD will probably go up by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Last month it actually worked really nice. It came out at -0.2 vs. 0.1 expected, and USD/CAD spiked up by 45 pips. But still be careful as not long time ago it had really random price actions. Here is the chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD Core CPI m/m

I hope you will not lose money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back