Forex Signal (Mon, Feb 01, 04:28 am EST) UK Manufacturing PMI

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Monday, Feb 01 at 04:28 am New York Time we will have UK Manufacturing PMI coming out. It is expected to read 54.0. Last month it read 54.1.

This might be released at 04:28 or at 04:30 - we will see...

I recommend trading GBP/USD for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the GBP/USD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...r-descriptions/7326-uk-manufacturing-pmi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 2.5. This means that if UK Manufacturing PMI comes out at 56.5 or higher, GBP/USD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 51.5 or lower, GBP/USD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ing-pmi-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on January 04th, UK Manufacturing PMI came out at 54.1, versus an expectation of 52. GBP/USD went up by around 65 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link:
Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP Manufacturing PMI

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Current Signals...

Thank you for your insight into trading the Forex news. They've been very helpful to me.

I was wondering where do you get real-time releases of the numbers? I use Forex.com's metatrader and on the news ticker the numbers are released but often there is a lag and even if a few minutes pass sometimes I can miss out on the opportunity.

If you could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks.

Jeremy

Seeing as this signal is 01:30 in the morning my time is there any way to set up a pending trade for these or do you pretty much need to be awake to take advantage of these signals?

I'm still new to forex and even newer to FPA so sorry if this is a basic question.

Great Work Crazy Cat

Hi,

You are so amazing with the signals u give. Well, I need to verify a managed account broker about how they perform. Please let me know few details about Saancho ventures limited, located in cyprus island.

I appreciate your work and expecting a reply from FPA.

Thanks

We´ve seen the spike upwards till 1.5943 followed by a 30pips retracement till now (09:38 GMT), but all that happened when the news were published by the responsibles.
As this takes about 1min or more until it appears on available media to us (Forex Factory etc.), this was worthless, since I saw these movements before I had the figures, which (Manufacturing PMI) were significantly better than expected.
So such games as proposed by Cat are rather worthless to us due to the lag of information, and we´ve to stick with medium term movements. So the question arrises, whether we´ve seen the bottom in GBPUSD or not yet?

Man this one sucked, went up 25 pips and retraced to hit my stop. Since number was bigger, thought price would have had more push upward. Glad I opened with a small lot.

for whatever reason today's signal failed, although its only 25 minutes into the 45, it never really went up with the news.

Anyway the hole is deeper than expected 30 mins before, so now heading for 1.5830.
The signal may have "failed" since granted loans were less than expected and since the market is bearish, these news were "prefered"...
Don´t forget, at the final end it´s not the news, which make the market, but vice versa.

Back