1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forex Signal (Mon. October 4 2010, 11:30pm NY Time EDT) - RBA Interest Rate Decision

Discussion in 'Current Forex Trading Signals' started by Henry Liu, Oct 4, 2010.

  1. Henry Liu

    Henry Liu Former FPA Special Consultant

    Jul 5, 2010
    Likes Received:
    RBA (Reserve Bank of Australia) is expected to raise borrowing costs in October, as 19 of 25 analysts agree in a survey by Bloomberg… Here’s forecast:

    11:30am (NY Time) AU RBA Cash Rate Decision Forecast 4.75% Previous 4.50%
    ACTION: AUD/USD BUY 4.75% SELL 4.50%

    The Trade Plan

    If RBA hikes rates as expected, we should jump in and buy AUDUSD or other AUD crosses as the expectation for a rate hike is not unanimous. If RBA decides to keep rates unchanged, we should see a strong sell-off in the AUD as market has been pricing in this rate hike since last week. We'll be trading this release using Spike Trade method.

    The only time I'd recommend a spike trade is when there are so much momentum pushing this currency that regardless of spread and slippage, you should end up in profit if you just hold on to the trade. For more information on my trading methods, read:
    Henry's News Trading Method.

    The Market
    19 out of 25 analysts agree that RBA will hike rates, but the Credit Suisse Overnight Index Swap is only showing about 60% of chance for a rate for this RBA meeting, with a total of 51 basis points of hike in the next twelve months (including this one).

    With current inflation reading close to the 3% ceiling, RBA is now facing a dilemma between hiking interest rate to curb inflation as a pre-emptive move, or suffer the consequences of early hike as global economy lags. With relatively no new data to support this rate hike, RBA could very well pause again and wait for the next meeting... However, with RBA being very vocal lately, it is possible that we may just get a hike.

    Additional Thoughts
    Since we should get a chance to trade either way, make sure after you jumped into the market, pay attention to the accompanied statement as it should also affect the market if RBA decides to pause from further hikes.

    Pre-Market Consideration
    Market could be buying AUD prior to the release... If AUDUSD dips, I would be inclined to buy.

    Historical Chart & Data For RBA Interest Rate Decision


    #1 Henry Liu, Oct 4, 2010
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  2. ertore

    ertore Private

    Aug 20, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Thanks for your help. Keep doing it.
  3. BayoBest

    BayoBest Private

    Aug 18, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Thanks always Henry, pls keep the good work.
  4. luzonxzy

    luzonxzy Recruit

    Sep 1, 2010
    Likes Received:
    Good work Henry. Keep up the good work!!
  5. gabiko

    gabiko Recruit

    Aug 6, 2010
    Likes Received:

    10ks a lot Henry. i must Say that I've always been skeptical when it cums to trading the news (due to the uncertainities surrounding it) but ur trade plans have greatly helped me start 2 c d light.U will be rewarded greatly.

    10ks again
  6. amar_butt

    amar_butt Recruit

    Jul 11, 2010
    Likes Received:
    thanks sir henry
    i made some pips.
    God bless you.
    thanks again for your good work.

Share This Page