1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forex Signal (Monday August 29, 2011 NY TIME 10:00am EDT) - US Pending Home Sales m/m

Discussion in 'Current Forex Trading Signals' started by Stavro D'Amore, Aug 28, 2011.

1. Stavro D'Amore

Stavro D'Amore Former FPA Special Consultant

Hello,

Today we have the following:

US Pending Home Sales m/m
    Forecast -0.8%
    Previous 2.4%
    Pair to trade: USD/JPY

Numbers we need:
    BUY USD/JPY 9.8%
    SELL USD/JPY -9.8%

Economical Impact: High
    Typical Result: Good for Currency
    Occurrence: monthly, about 35 days after the month ends
    Spike Probability: Good, we can see 30 pips on initial spike

About our Triggers:
    US Pending Home Sales m/m is forecasted to arrive at -0.8%.
    We are looking for a deviation of 9% either way on this trade.
    If we get 9.8% or better I will look to enter a Long position on USD/JPY and if we get
    -9.8% or lower I will go Short on USD/JPY.
    Should this report be triggered, we can expect to see about 30 pips on the initial spike.

NOTE: We have no known conflict for this release. This report either reacts really well or does not react at all. Be prepared that USD/JPY may not move, even with a huge deviation. Should the trade not move, close any open positions if you get triggered on the spike. If this sentiment deviates and we see a large move, then a retracement method will be a good option.

What is it? And why does the market care?
    It is a leading indicator of economic health because the sale of a home triggers a wide-reaching ripple effect. For example, renovations are done by the new owners, a mortgage is sold by the financing bank and brokers are paid to execute the transaction.

Pending Home Sales m/m measures change in housing contract activity. It is designed to be a leading indicator of housing activity. It is based on signed real estate contract for existing single-family homes, condos and co-ops. A signed contract is not counted as a sale until the transaction closes. The index is not including new construction in its count. It is a leading indicator of economic health because the sale of a home triggers a wide-reaching ripple effect.

A higher than expected reading should be taken as positive/bullish for the USD
    A lower than expected reading should be taken as negative/bearish for the USD.

Method I use to trade this:
    Stavro D’Amore Trading Method
    I will look for a 30% retracement in the original spike before entering. I will be looking at a 5 minute chart. I will sell half my position as soon as I hit the original high point of the first initial spike and place a SL at the original spike price.

My TP level would be just before a resistance level or if the chart decides to form a support level, looking at a 15 minute chart time frame to analyze this.

I do recommend spike trading as an option. Liquidity is very good at the moment if you are using an ECN broker. Please use no more than a 10 pip limit order.
    Historical Chart and Data for US Pending Home Sales m/m

All the best

Stavro D’Amore

#1 Stavro D'Amore, Aug 28, 2011
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  2. tom.finanz

tom.finanz Private

not that it matters much, but
    -0.8 + 9.0 = 8.2

3. tangmase

tangmase Corporal

numbers we need

hi stavro, i am new here and i have a question for understanding?
    what does it mean? :confused:

Numbers we need:
    BUY USD/JPY 9.8%
    SELL USD/JPY -9.8%

after 9.8% raise ( of USD/JPY ) you go long or on the other side after a 9.8% down you go short.
    can you please explain for me?

by the way, i a preciate a lot what you are doing. thank you. t.s

4. Fxonuoha

Fxonuoha Private, 1st Class

Hello stavro,
    I'm finding it difficult following your explanations about trading the news releases,in as much as I'm new to the forex seen.How can I calculate a 30% retracement as you so mentioned in your last forecast?