Forex Signal (Thu, April 08, 07:00 EST) UK Interest Rate

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

Thursday, April 08th (07:00 am New York Time) UK

We have UK Interest Rate coming out. It is expected to read 0.5. Last month it read 0.5 as well.

I recommend trading GBP/USD for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the GBP/USD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...riptions/7395-uk-interest-rate-statement.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.25. This means that if UK Interest Rate comes out at 0.75 or more, GBP/USD will probably go up by 100 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0.25 or less, GBP/USD will probably go down by 100 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Don't expect any changes, however. So most likely it will be a no trade. But you never know... I remember about two years ago nobody expected a change, yet they changed, and people made over 100 pips...

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...atement-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on November 6th, 2008, UK Interest Rate came out at 3, versus an expectation of 4. GBP/USD went down by over 150 pips in the first 4 minutes of the report. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link:
Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP Interest Rate Statement

Good luck,
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Crazy Cat

Can you give us the economists' prediction breakdown on this interest rate release as you did for RBA? Thanks.

UK Interest Rate

How is the UK Interest Rate monitored to get in
on the possible rate change. 45 minutes is not much time.

Dear Crazy Cat,

why don't you trade also the data on Asset Purchase Facility out of the UK at 7:00 am today with a trigger of 25 (condition on GBP/USD: buy if lower and sell if higher), assuming that the interest rate is not changed or is not in conflict?

I saw that triggers of 25 vs forecast in the UK APF moved the market significantly in the past.

Thank you.

Back