Forex Signal (Thu, August 19 2010, 4:30am NY Time EST) - UK Retail Sales m/m

Hi Henry,

I made 32 pips on your prenews trading tip on this release, that out of a max of about 60 or so. I note that you actually called the previous 2 pre-news events correctly as well as there was a serious moves down as you foretold, except that the pairs didn't first rise above the thresholds you recommended for entering a sell. I was watching and was tempted to jump in early and would have done very well if I had, but it's far better to miss a good opportunity than to catch a bad one. I'm going by the book (yours) this week, and since you didn't give a hard threshold for this pre-news, I did get in this AM on my own judgment, and only had to put up with about a 4 pip drawdown before catching the wave for 32.

I'm looking forward to the next round.

Thank you very much, Henry!

UK Retail Sales

Hi Henry,
Great work, initially I was confused about the the sales figures but I got it right considering your figure is the retail sales with Gasoline. This was a great one and I appreciate. Gracias as my daughter will say, more grease to your elbow and mine. Thanks:D

Thanks Henry :)

Caught 35 pips with this... wish I had gotten in earlier but I was trying to make sure the retracement had taken place. But probably better to stick to the strict discipline!

It's been an hour since the release, so I presume this is a good time to get out - hard to say how long the positive sentiment will last!

Anyone staying in for the long ride?

Cant thank enough henry//. just made 29 pips, could have got more but oh well..

Keep up the good work.. :)

Forex Factory Calendar shows the Forecast and Previous as 0.4 and 0.7 respectively.

The 0.4 Forecast and that of Henry Liu 0.3 should not be any problem as Forecast is always slightly differ. (Read Henry Liu Basic Trading Concept)

Meanwhile, yesterday pre-news consideration generate more than 65pips in which i made 30pips.

Let us all continue learning and appreciate the good work of Henry Liu. I made total 65pips yesterday.

That great indeed

Sam

Well, at 4AM, 30 minutes prior to the minutes release, price went up by quite a bit. I do see that it did go down from 1:30 till 2AM. Today, the sell-off was more consistent.

I'm still not certain why there's such a discrepancy when it comes to the prior month's release number on different calendars.

The expected release number and prior release number you've provided seems to differ from the one seen on FPI calendar and calendars on other sites.

Expected release number being 0.3 and prior month's number being 1.

Am I mistaken, or is your analysis simply based off wrong numbers?

I'd also be cautious when it comes to selling GBPUSD prior to the release. Although the expected release number suggests a negative bias and probable sell, you have predicted a sell prior to yesterday's minutes meet while in reality we witnessed a major buy (again, prior to the UK minutes).

Again, correcting expected release number and prior release number is something I'd advice, so that other people here would not be led astray.

Hello,
I dont real understand how i will be using the news release and i can see that u understand bettr . pls kindly assist me.

thank you very much, coz of your news signals i m able to recover my loss in forex and how i m looking to have profits. thanks you very much for your hard work and support.
mumtaz

Thank you

Mr Liu, thank you for the excellent information you provide, at no cost! Very comprehensive, lots of insights. I hope that one day I will be able to step into your shoes and help others be successful.

Back