Forex Signal (Thu June 23 2011, 10:00am NY Time EST) - US New Home Sales m/m

Henry Liu

Former FPA Special Consultant
US New Home Sales usually follows the trend of Existing Home Sales, therefore we’re likely to see a slightly stronger release today.

Here is the forecast:

10:00am NY Time New Home Sales Forecast 310K Previous 323K
ACTION: 380K SELL EURUSD / 240K BUY EURUSD

The Trade Plan
We’ll trade this release using a deviation of 70K; if the release is lower, it would strengthen risk aversion sentiment and we should look to BUY EURUSD. A stronger number could provide temporary support for the pair and we may see a slight rally in USD/JPY enabling us to SELL EURUSD.

We’ll be looking for a possible after-news retracement trade. We need to wait for the release, then wait for the market to spike, and wait for decent retracement. This is the 3 “W”s of the Retracement Trading system. It’s especially important to make sure there is momentum during the spike before jumping in. For more information, read:
Henry Liu's Trading Method

The Market
Today’s release of US New Home Sales is likely to fall inline with analysts' expectation of around 310K. The housing market remains under pressure in May, especially with recent Employment data showing only 54K of new jobs created and Unemployment Rate moved higher to 9.1%.

The Existing Home Sales figure released on Tuesday showed slightly better than expectation figure due to the uptick in Mortgage applications in later May and early June for refinancing and home purchases... We may see a similar result for the New Home Sales figure, but not enough for a surprise in my opinion...

Pre-news Consideration
There is no pre-news for this release.

Definition of New Home Sales
“Measures the annualized number of new residential buildings that were sold during the previous month. A rising trend has a positive effect on the nation’s currency because the housing market is a leading gauge for the overall economy. A high level of housing activity signals that the construction industry is healthy and that consumers have the capital to make large investments. More importantly, new housing activity creates an economic ripple effect as home owners buy goods such as appliances and furniture for their homes, and builders buy raw materials and hire more workers to meet demand.”

Historical Chart and Data for US New Home Sales m/m

Thanks,

henry-sig.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to ask you a question.

Hi Henry.
I want to ask you a question. Why the news of the U.S. New Home Sales (of 23 June 2011) in forexfactory & FXstreet had a previous & forecast of 326K to 311K. And Your figures differ greatly from a previous of 380K and a forecast of 323K?

Excuse me my English.
:unhappy:
Best regards.
Carlos.

Back