Forex Signal (Thu, March 11, 16:45 EST) New Zealand Core Retail Sales m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with a potentially profitable trading opportunity.

Thursday, March 11, (16:45 New York Time) New Zealand

We have New Zealand Core Retail Sales m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.6. Last month it read -1.8

I recommend trading NZD/USD for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the NZD/USD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...scriptions/7442-new-zealand-retail-sales.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.9. This means that if New Zealand Retail Sales m/m comes out at 1.5 or more, NZD/USD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -0.3 or more negative, NZD/USD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

We will also have New Zealand m/m coming out. If regular Retail Sales and core Retail Sales conflict, I recommend staying out. Frankly speaking, it's hard to say which one is better so I guess if the headline number deviate by say 0.5, we should see a move as well.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...l-sales-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on February 11th, New Zealand Core Retail Sales came out at -1.8, versus an expectation of 0.3. NZD/USD went down by 40 pips. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for NZD Core Retail Sales m/m

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Trade NZ retail with caution or not at all

Hi Everyone

I have been using SNW to trade NZ retail sales for several years. There was a time when this release was pretty good though now it requires pretty big triggers for it to be worthwhile.

I note Crazy Cat has mentioned to focus on core NZ retail sales. However, in the write up I think he has made a mistake as he gives triggers for headline retail sales.

Having said that, if you want my honest opinion from someone that has been spike trading for several years, stay away from this release and do not trade it. Some time ago there was only NZ retail sales. Now there are headline and core numbers. Even though core NZ retail sales last month deviated by a big -2.1 this was an ugly release. Why? I traded NZ retail sales last month, Feb 11, 2010. I set up SNW to trigger for both headline and core. What was not good at all was the fact that the headline number came out first to SNW and literally seconds later the core one.
The spike was rather nasty as it (NZD/USD) opened around 0.7015, hit a low of 0.6977 and pulled back really hard to 0.6999. As a result I was filled at the bottom of the bearish spike resulting in a loss. The market had already reacted to the headline number.

Overall, the many times I have traded this report have resulted in losses for me. I just don't like it anymore. Stick with those news releases that are more solid.

It also cost me some nerves last month - trading NZ Retail Sales. Yes, it's correct, NZ Core Retail Sales was released a few seconds after regular Retail Sales to SNW and the market started already moving in reaction to the first report. I didn't lose, actually made 11 pips even, but I guess I was just lucky. My broker filled me in the right moment and then I closed immediately, but that's just like gambling.

Do you know any autoclick software, which allows to define dependencies among news releases (at least these, which are published at the same time)? Like "get the first NZ Retail Sales release to trade". Or "stay out if AU Employment Change conflicts with AU Unemployment"? This would be handy...

And one more question. You said you use SNW since several years. Does it work for you well? How many pips are you able to make a week? I started in January and was pretty successful in January and February, but March is worse so far. No losses, but profits much lower, than before...

Hi Everyone

I have been using SNW to trade NZ retail sales for several years. There was a time when this release was pretty good though now it requires pretty big triggers for it to be worthwhile.

I note Crazy Cat has mentioned to focus on core NZ retail sales. However, in the write up I think he has made a mistake as he gives triggers for headline retail sales.

Having said that, if you want my honest opinion from someone that has been spike trading for several years, stay away from this release and do not trade it. Some time ago there was only NZ retail sales. Now there are headline and core numbers. Even though core NZ retail sales last month deviated by a big -2.1 this was an ugly release. Why? I traded NZ retail sales last month, Feb 11, 2010. I set up SNW to trigger for both headline and core. What was not good at all was the fact that the headline number came out first to SNW and literally seconds later the core one.
The spike was rather nasty as it (NZD/USD) opened around 0.7015, hit a low of 0.6977 and pulled back really hard to 0.6999. As a result I was filled at the bottom of the bearish spike resulting in a loss. The market had already reacted to the headline number.

Overall, the many times I have traded this report have resulted in losses for me. I just don't like it anymore. Stick with those news releases that are more solid.

Thanks for the heads up, West Coast.

I'd really like to talk to you about SNW as I have it on 30 day trial and wouldn't mind asking an experienced user a few questions.

Thanks.

Just do a google search for SNW. I don't want to link without permission so best just google it.

I'm on the 30 day trial and into my 3rd week. So far haven't actually made any money with it as the two trades that hit the 'trigger' I got requoted on by my broker. I believe CC also got the same on one of the trades.

Just do a google search for SNW. I don't want to link without permission so best just google it.

I'm on the 30 day trial and into my 3rd week. So far haven't actually made any money with it as the two trades that hit the 'trigger' I got requoted on by my broker. I believe CC also got the same on one of the trades.

thank you Dubai, please my expirience is not wide in this business is snw an EA or what?

Hello, fellow Army i have been trading FX for six months on consistent lost, is it posible to make money from trading forex? ...how..? please i will be glard to get some tips. As a mater of fact i have lost some good thousands of $'s some one please help me out.

I lost some money trading based on technical analysis last year. Pretty much actually. Then I took half a year off to rethink my strategy. On January I started trading spikes during news events using signals from Crazy Cat and then also ProfitMongers. I tried straddling at first (luckily only on demo account) but it didn't work very well. Then started to use SNW (at the end of January) and almost tripled my account since then.

Sometimes it's not easy (reflexes of FPS player are useful :), but it seems to be the only method to make consistent profit without big risk - for me at least.

The best thing is, this style of trading doesn't require investing much of time. You need half and hour or an hour at most around news release and that's it. No stress observing your opened position for hours or even days. The longest period I stayed in the market trading news was 10 minutes so far.

But keep in mind, that finding a good broker (or brokers) for news trading is crucial and not easy. And this is knowledge, nobody shares. You have to find them yourself.

losing ist very easy in forex making pips or $$ are the big thing , so you have any fundamental knowing abouth forex when not this are the cause of losing money.

the economic news are very , most important becouse in this time frame when came out you can see big movements up or down when you have no idea that news in all the day came out and make a big performance stay way out when came news out in especific pairs .

News are the easy way to make money in forex the rest of the day same too but in the prediction in what way are coming a number you can make big pip up or downwarts

so its very important budy to have any knowledge to have the advantage over others

in forex 95 % from peoples loses maybe you see a lot of adevertising telling you invest in forex and you can duplicate your capital in 1 , 2 , 3 weecks you make tousand of dollars but you no aks why , alone making nothing is not posible.
make money in forex cost money time dedication thinking and more not easy my friend
having a strategy , not going in somewhere all must be planing

caution

Hello, fellow Army i have been trading FX for six months on consistent lost, is it posible to make money from trading forex? ...how..? please i will be glard to get some tips. As a mater of fact i have lost some good thousands of $'s some one please help me out.

in forex when the price goes ups or get down you can make money but when you are in the wrong direction so you make loses , example you make buy but the price going down you in the wrong way , you sell and the price goes up the same you in the wrong way ,

so i make money when a pair going down make pips seling and viceversa by buying and the price goes up .

so that ist a very fundamental thing in every direction when the market moves you can make money but only when you are in the right direcction , and keep the economic news in this time the market go crazy up down spikes and other crazy loops so its only to be in the right direction

all this sound confusing but its real money

in a bear market you can win seling in a bull market can win buying by falling prices sell make pips and by upwarst buy making pips

pips= $$$$)= profit make money

all this are proporcional ita a cyclus go up go down and so

Back