Forex Signal (Thu, March 18, 08:30 am EST) US Core CPI m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

On Thursday, March 18th (08:30 am New York Time) we will have US Core CPI m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.1. Last month it read -0.1.

I still believe it's a waste of time but in case if you missed my email a month ago I am mostly going to repeat myself.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/JPY by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7507-us-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.4. This means that if US CPI m/m comes out at 0.5 or higher, USD/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -0.3 or more negative, USD/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. 95% chance it will not deviate by at least 0.4, and the reason why I am giving such huge trigger is because I don't want to trade it but if I don't list this report, I will get a lot of emails asking why.

A deviation of 0.4 is highly unlikely to see but if we see it, that would be really weird, and therefore the price may move. Feel free to skip it... :)

This used to be a hot report two or three years ago but right now it's not so important. One day it will be important again but I want to see it performing well first before I decide to put real money on this report. Right now I prefer to stay away, but of course that's my opinion and feel free to do whatever you want, as always.

Last month a deviation of -0.2 produced a move of about 20 pips so it's kind of encouraging it reacted at all. It's still not enough, in my opinion, to take it seriously.
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I still recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Core CPI m/m

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with crazy cat... If you check the graphs for the last year you can see it is difficult to trade this one...

Back