Forex Signal (Thursday, Feb 18, 07:00 am EST) Canadian CPI m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there,

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Thursday, Feb 18th (07:00 am New York Time) we will have Canadian Core CPI m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.0. Last month it read -0.3.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/CAD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7508-canadian-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.3. This means that if Canadian CPI m/m comes out at 0.3 or higher, USD/CAD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -0.3 or more negative, USD/CAD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

This is very unreliable report so feel free to skip it. I will skip it myself although some people still want to get triggers and trade it anyway. Sometimes the price moves nicely, some other time it does not react at all. I prefer higher probability reports to trade as my time is very limited.

Personally I never trade this report, I don't trust it, and it's crappy.

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD Core CPI m/m

I hope you will not lose money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back