Forex Signal (Tue August 17, 2010 4:30am EDT NY Time) UK CPI y/y...

What does the "Revision" mean?

What exactly is the "revision" of the news and what impact does it have if any. I have noticed that the market seems to ignore big revisions.

I set my alarm clock and had my buy/sell shortcut keys ready Henry. Too bad we didn't get a reaction on this one, but thanks for the analysis. I'm learning alot more now than I have in a few years of dabbling at trading.

Demo Trade Results

Hi Henry,

Have signed up for 10Kto1MM and Mastemind Mentor

And have just made my first demo trade to your insight on this announcement.

I acted upon your pre news consideration which stated to SELL if lower than 1.57000.

By the time I had finished mulling over this tidbit of info i checked my demo (FxOpen) chart and the trigger had already been pulled and jumped on slightly after at 1.56565 or 44 pips in profit for those who had pending order set at suggested mark.

5-10 minutes pre release saw the price dip to as low as 1.56254 approx 31 pips more profit-75 pips in total which is huge if you were able to catch it in a real trade, although not sure whether real money liqudity volume would have allowed cashout at most brokers around this time.

Other observations were noticing retracement and fence sitting on my entry point after this gain was made and judging that my trade is now -26 pips i think the ride is over for this session, and I agree that even as high as 40 pips takeprofit would be safe or 30pips for the risk averse ;)

Note to self asking the question how much more can this trade go in any case is dangerous, stick to set take profits and walk away with money in hand!

Very interested to share my own experience in the hope others will too, to assist the knowledge transfer process to make us all better traders.

Thank you David Gilliam for saying the truth on our behalf. He's right, we do appreciate your work here.

It's a pity the numbers came out as expected, CPI in the UK is slowly becoming favourable news to trade again. There has been a quick spike even when the deviation has been 0.1 recently. Hopefully economies around the world will start picking up, so that CPI number can become very tradable like they use to be.

Thanks

Thanks Henry, I look forward to your work. Nice to find someone who looks at the market the same way.

Back