Forex Signal (Tue, Dec 22, 16:45 am EST) NZ GDP q/q

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there

On Tuesday, December 22nd at 16:45 we will have New Zealand GDP q/q coming out. It is expected to read 0.4. Last time it read 0.1.

The trigger for this indicator is 0.3. This means that if New Zealand GDP q/q comes out at 0.7 or higher, NZD/USD will probably go up by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0.1 or less, NZD/USD will probably go down by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the New Zealand GDP q/q number, we will have the y/y number coming out. If they conflict, I recommend skipping the trade but this is highly unlikely they would conflict.

For example: on June 25th, NZ GDP q/q came out at -1.0, versus an expectation of -0.7. NZD/USD went down by around 50 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for NZD GDP q/q

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing you can do is to buy autoclick that triggers buy/sell at the time news come out...
don't listen to fredpipster...that's really really dangerous.
How many people would you trust your money with?
I'm especially right if the triggers also put a stop loss order in.
I use a combination of the news that my online trading platform (broker) provides, bloomberg news, and forexfactory.com
Usually one of them will get you ahead of the curve by about 30% (as in 30% of the big traders have already done their thing) but BEWARE! if you're dealing with a trading paradigm shift like the Dec. 2009 Non Farm Payrolls reaction, then the trend can suddenly reverse (cause and reaction) and cost you a whole whack of dough.

Back