Forex Signal (Tue, Jan 19, 04:30 am EST) UK CPI m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

On Tuesday, Jan 19th at 04:30 am New York Time we will have UK CPI y/y coming out. It is expected to read 2.6. Last month it read 1.9.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the GBP/USD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7506-uk-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.2. This means that if UK CPI m/m comes out at 2.8 or higher, GBP/USD will probably go up by 35 pips in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 2.4 or less, GBP/USD will probably go down by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

It is OK to trade UK CPI Core number, also with 0.2 trigger.

Be careful, this report tends to make a spike and then retrace hard.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the UK CPI y/y number, we will have other CPI numbers and RPI numbers coming out. If there is a conflict between them, I recommend skipping this trade, but the conflict is highly unlikely. In terms of RPI, it doesn't matter that much, so you can just ignore it.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...cpi-y-y-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on October 13th, UK CPI m/m came out at 1.1, versus an expectation of 1.3. As a result, GBP/USD went down by around 40 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP CPI y/y

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Where to hear numbers?

Hi Crazy Cat...where can I go or subscribe to hear the economic numbers at the moment they are released? Thanks for your and everyone's efforts at FPA. FX4Profit;)

Bit of news...

This came over the wire a few minutes ago.

This morning's UK CPI release is receiving more attention than normal. There is a debate as to what constitutes inflation. Dec CPI will likely rise strongly on the back of energy prices and in Jan on the back of the hike in CPI. This is likely to take UK CPI back to 3%, well above the BoE's 2% target. While there is a risk that this could impact pay settlements, overall the temporary nature of the rise in CPI and the fact that unemployment should keeping pressuring pay settlements should keep underlying inflation benign and not bring forward the first BoE rate hike.

Enjoy.

Break Down The Analysis

This came over the wire a few minutes ago.

This morning's UK CPI release is receiving more attention than normal. There is a debate as to what constitutes inflation. Dec CPI will likely rise strongly on the back of energy prices and in Jan on the back of the hike in CPI. This is likely to take UK CPI back to 3%, well above the BoE's 2% target. While there is a risk that this could impact pay settlements, overall the temporary nature of the rise in CPI and the fact that unemployment should keeping pressuring pay settlements should keep underlying inflation benign and not bring forward the first BoE rate hike.

Enjoy.

For those of us who are not economists, so what is the implication? :confused:

Aah! Nice jump but i was using the post-spike strategy. It went down after the small second spike. Didn't manage to make money on this. Retracement strategy with stop loss at pre-spike level, and trail didn't work this time :unhappy:

I get profit 40pips trade GBPCHF when viewing currencymeter GBP strong and CHF weak when news released good for the GBP but strength meter show strong USD.so i trade GBPCHF

Back