Forex Signal (Tue, Jan 19, 09:00 am EST) Canadian Interest Rate

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with a potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Tuesday, Jan 19th (9:00 am New York Time) Canada

We have Canadian Interest Rate coming out. It is expected to read 0.25. Last month it read 0.25 also.

I recommend trading USD/CAD for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/CAD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ns/7802-canadian-interest-rate-statement.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.25. This means that if Canadian Interest Rate comes out at 0.50 or more, USD/CAD will probably go down by 80 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. I don't think it is possible they would cut the rates so if you see a cut, most likely it is by error and I would not enter a trade.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...atement-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on April 21st, Canadian interest rate came out at 0.25, versus an expectation of 0.50. USD/CAD went up by more than 100 pips. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD Interest Rate Statement

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Forex.com UK sucks!!!

I had a pending trade set to trigger at 1.0327 with a SL at 1.0317. When the announcment was made my pending order dissappeard and so did some of my money. The candlestick never got close to triggering the trade until 14:01GMT. My trade was closed for a SL at 14:00GMT. Of course the broker says their tick by tick data shows in fact that the price hit the open and retraced to hit my SL. It doesn't show it. :mad:

Anybody have the candlestick hit 1.0327 at 14:00GMT?

Canadian Interest Rate announcement

Thank you again Crazy cat for your guidance on how to play this one and for the pips inevitaby made.

about forex.com uk

hey man forex.com is yet another cheatin broker. i have seen many times in the past where the spread will jump 7 or more points to hit my stop loss or just like it did u to where it triggers your sale then runs the other way. oh and not to mention when u get a good one u get ding unable to connect!!! so if you stay with them goodluck! anyways if anyone find an honest broker with real time tick data please lmk. but omfg dont try figfx. thats honestly the worst ive seen so far!

Back