Forex Signal (Tue, Jan 26, 04:30 am EST) UK GDP q/q

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

On Tuesday, January 26th (04:30 am New York Time) UK we will have UK GDP q/q coming out. It is expected to read 0.4. Last time it read -0.2.

This is a very important report because this is a first release, and if it deviates, it creates nice spikes. Also, chances are quite high it will give us a trade.

The trigger for this indicator is 0.3. This means that if UK GDP q/q comes out at 0.7 or higher, GBP/USD will probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0.1 or lower, GBP/USD will probably go down by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the UK GDP q/q we will have UK GDP y/y coming out. If they conflict, I recommend skipping the trade, but since m/m is part of y/y number, and our trigger is quite large, the conflict is almost impossible. We will also have UK Current Account Balance but this is not important indicator.

For example: on October 23rd, UK GDP q/q came out at -0.4, versus an expectation of 0.2. GBP/USD went down by around 200 pips but that was a huge deviation. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP GDP q/q

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi FPA !! :) greetings for this good community!
So i have a ultra newbie question, how can i use that information to make trades? how i know with that information if can i buy/sell, and ste the number for SL and TP? any advice?

Hi Crazy Cat,

October looks good, but most of the other months are ....OK.
I guess I like the spike for fast money. Need to train myself for patience of after-spike performance. There are some other months that have good movement after the announcment for the next 10 minutes.

I'll probably straddle with a pending order on each side, put the trigger price 20 pips from the price, with 15 pip SL and TP 20 pips after trigger price. I can manual close if it stops short of the TP. That should do it.

This is a nice pair to trade on too. ;)

Last edited:
i love this review

:D i just wanna say so many many many thanks to the news,, i love it !!! keep it up troops

this trade

it went 50pips in 5mins but dont no was filled in late ande cut out 3pips how come,wat do u think is wrong and how can i prevent this next time

:D

Crazy Cat,

thanks a lot for your signal. I 've followed your instructions and made 330 euros in a 40 pips fall of GBP/USD.

Phil

Hi there :)

On Tuesday, January 26th (04:30 am New York Time) UK we will have UK GDP q/q coming out. It is expected to read 0.4. Last time it read -0.2.

This is a very important report because this is a first release, and if it deviates, it creates nice spikes. Also, chances are quite high it will give us a trade.

The trigger for this indicator is 0.3. This means that if UK GDP q/q comes out at 0.7 or higher, GBP/USD will probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0.1 or lower, GBP/USD will probably go down by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the UK GDP q/q we will have UK GDP y/y coming out. If they conflict, I recommend skipping the trade, but since m/m is part of y/y number, and our trigger is quite large, the conflict is almost impossible. We will also have UK Current Account Balance but this is not important indicator.

For example: on October 23rd, UK GDP q/q came out at -0.4, versus an expectation of 0.2. GBP/USD went down by around 200 pips but that was a huge deviation. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP GDP q/q

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back