Forex Signal (Tue, July 13 2010, 6:45pm NY Time EST) - NZ Retail Sales m/m

Henry, I reviewed your (my trading methods) link just want to be clear. The target (TP) for all of the reports listed on the (Reports that we currently trade) table is 40 to 50 pips?

Henry, I reviewed your (my trading methods) link just want to be clear. The target (TP) for all of the reports listed on the (Reports that we currently trade) table is 40 to 50 pips?

40 to 50 pips from the pre-release level. Therefore waiting for a retracement is crucial.

Hi henry,
Thanks for a great job.
Its reported at Bloomberg by Mr. David Blachflower that UK tends to fiddle and massage economic data. To what extend shall the deviation be affected by such manipulation ?

If indeed they do manipulate the data, which there are no evidences of, then the whole news trading strategy will not work, In my opinion.

However, there could be a degree of biased timely release of certain statements to push the general trend, such as what took place today in response to the S&P comments yesterday.

I've never been a profiting news trader but I'll keep on trying. It doesn't work for me most of the time, the first time I tried it seriously the market shot 31 pips up and pulled back almost without a moment pause, then moved 28 pips below prior-to-news price and finally returned to the starting point. I made a lil loss and became cautious of that crazy move. But I'll give it some more try. Maybe I should follow you Mr. Liu.

Kenn

One of the most important factor for news trading is understanding the context of which you are trading. I think you should be able to trade any high impact news, regardless of the release, but that is another topic for another time, one of which I intend to do a special training video on. But to answer your question, we are looking for a surprise in the release enough to move the market in the short term, that's why if we don't get our release, we stay out... Of course this type of trading requires a lot of discipline, but I think there are tons of potential to make money trading news.

Henry

Hi Henry,

I stayed out of this trade since as per your trading method, if the trigger was not hit one has to stay out. I watched the market very closely though. Will it be possible for you to post comments on these trades for which you send signals? It would greatly benefit traders like me to identify entries and exits and also tally our P/L with your results. If you can post videos- even better. Please let me know.

Hello Henry -

Glad to see you here on FPA!

I am sure that there is a fee to trade live with you in your trade room, but I have never looked to see if it is even available.

But something I WOULD like to see, and I think it would be VERY helpful to everyone -- as well as encourage a lot of people to become members to your live trade room -- is if you would be willing to post the video of each trade in the thread where it was discussed, after it's over. Like post the video of what happened (or in this case, didn't happen) on the NZD announcement today, right here in this thread.

That way, no one is getting it for free in real-time, but it will help a LOT of people to watch them afterward in their beginning to get a feel for what these trades are supposed to look like.

And again, I believe it would also help more people want to become members of your trade room, so it would benefit you also.

Just a suggestion -

Thanks for all you do!

Back