1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forex Signal (Tue, June 15, 04:30 am EST) UK CPI y/y

Discussion in 'Current Forex Trading Signals' started by Crazy Cat, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat Former FPA Special Consultant

Hi there :)

On Tuesday, June 15th at 04:30 am New York Time we will have UK CPI y/y coming out. It is expected to read 3.4. Last month it read 3.7.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the GBP/USD by going to this link: http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7506-uk-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.3. This means that if UK CPI y/y comes out at 3.7 or higher, GBP/USD will probably go up by 35 pips in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 3.1 or less, GBP/USD will probably go down by 35 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

It should be OK to trade UK CPI m/m number, also with 0.3 trigger.

Be careful, this report tends to spike and then retrace hard.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the UK CPI y/y number, we will have other CPI numbers and RPI numbers coming out. If there is a conflict between them, I recommend skipping this trade, but the conflict is highly unlikely. In terms of RPI, it doesn't matter that much, so you can just ignore it.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex...cpi-y-y-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on April 20th, UK CPI y/y came out at 3.4, versus an expectation of 3.1. As a result, GBP/USD went up by around 35 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link:
    Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP CPI y/y

I hope you make some money on this report.
    -Crazy Cat

#1 Crazy Cat, Jun 14, 2010
    Lasted edited by : Sep 8, 2016
  2. 4051fx

4051fx Recruit

I think to trade CPI we must trade reversal, because this news not same with another. I think.....:p

3. yappyzk

yappyzk Private, 1st Class

perhaps a sell at the top of the initial spike would be good.

4. rofimi

rofimi Recruit

Thanks Felix, I made 23 pips on this report though it gave me the shivers when it initially retraced and thank God my system hanged then else I would have cut it off before it reached tp . When my system unfroze, to my pleasure the tp of 1.4695 was struck already.

Hope to receive more of such.

5. alisontin

alisontin Recruit

"It should be OK to trade UK CPI m/m number, also with 0.3 trigger.
    Be careful, this report tends to spike and then retrace hard."

Hope that the initial spike will be good [​IMG][​IMG]. Who have tried it?

#5 alisontin, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010