Forex Signal (Tue, June 15, 05:00 am EST) German ZEW

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Tuesday, June 15th (5:00 am New York Time) we will have German ZEW Economic Sentiment coming out. It is expected to read 45.5. Last month it read 45.8.

In addition to ZEW Economic Sentiment, we will also have ZEW Current Situation Index coming out. It's not so important, and it almost never conflicts with the main report. If it does conflict, then stay out of the trade.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the EUR/JPY by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...tions/7441-german-zew-economic-sentiment.html

The trigger for this indicator is 9. This means that if ZEW Economic Sentiment comes out at 54.5 or higher, EUR/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 36.5 or lower, EUR/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Recently this indicator did not perform well so that's why I use such big deviation. Most likely it will be a no trade.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

If you miss the initial spike, don't worry, you can still make money on the after-spike move. Click here to read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ntiment-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on April 20th, German ZEW Sentiment came out at 53.0, versus an expectation of 45.1 and we saw some price action although it was not something I was impressed. However, I still think it may be worthy to at least observe it:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

You can study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for GER ZEW Economic Sentiment

If you don't feel you want to trade it, feel free to skip it as this is a quite weak report right now although sometimes it may produce some price action.

Thanks,
Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
zew

NICE HEAD FAKE ON THIS TRADE. THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A GOOD # WENT LONG AND BANG ! DOWN 40 PIPS.:( NEXT TIME i WIL; WAIT FOR THE #boo hoo

Back