Forex Signal (Tue, March 30, 10:00 am EST) US Consumer Confidence

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Tuesday, March 30th (10:00 am New York Time) we will have US Consumer Confidence coming out. It is expected to read 50.0. Last month it read 46.0.

The trigger for this indicator is 5.0. This means that if US Consumer Confidence comes out at 55.0 or higher, USD/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 45.0 or lower, USD/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

For example: on Feb 23rd, US Consumer Confidence came out at 46, versus an expectation of 55. USD/JPY went down by around 60 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link:
Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Consumer Confidence

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
did not work

Greetings

Thank you for your advice.

the news was good - it was not 55 but 52.5 so I expect that the usd/jpy will go up at least 10 pips. BUT it went the other way around... why do you think this happnded.

I bought immediatly on the news.. am I supposed to do differently?how long do we need to wait to enter market?

diaashipping@gmail.com

Thank you

Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat writing.

On Tuesday, March 30th (10:00 am New York Time) we will have US Consumer Confidence coming out. It is expected to read 50.0. Last month it read 46.0.

The trigger for this indicator is 5.0. This means that if US Consumer Confidence comes out at 55.0 or higher, USD/JPY will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 45.0 or lower, USD/JPY will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

For example: on Feb 23rd, US Consumer Confidence came out at 46, versus an expectation of 55. USD/JPY went down by around 60 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link:
Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Consumer Confidence

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings

Thank you for your advice.

the news was good - it was not 55 but 52.5 so I expect that the usd/jpy will go up at least 10 pips. BUT it went the other way around... why do you think this happnded.

I bought immediatly on the news.. am I supposed to do differently?how long do we need to wait to enter market?

diaashipping@gmail.com

Thank you

Simple, if it doesn't hit the trigger, don't even consider entering the trade. Don't rush, the good trade opportunity will come out.

Same with me here it hasn't struck a trigger, and I completely agree with Lucas it's better to wait then loose,

better luck next time

Back