Forex Signal (Tue, March 30, 20:30 EST) Australian Retail Sales m/m

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with a potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Tuesday, March 30th (20:30 New York Time) Australia

We have Australian Retail Sales m/m coming out. It is expected to read 0.3. Last month it read 1.2.

I recommend trading AUD/USD for this report.

Typically it is a good report to trade but last month it did not work so well.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the AUD/USD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...escriptions/7343-australian-retail-sales.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.7. This means that if Australian Retail Sales m/m comes out at 1.0 or more, AUD/USD will probably go up by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at -0.4 or more negative, AUD/USD will probably go down by 40 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...l-sales-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on March 01st, Australian Retail Sales m/m came out at 1.2 versus an expectation of 0.5. AUD/USD went up by around 30 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart:
Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for AUD Retail Sales m/m

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my favourite releases but last month like Crazy Cat said was not a good release. Building approvals deviated by quite a bit in conflict with retail sales and could have been a factor that this release was not good. Also there was big focus on the upcoming rate release and statement. Tomorrow building approvals comes out the same time as retail sales so be careful.

Last edited:
I checked previous releases and charts and this one really looks like a good trade... however it can be hard to trade if it conflicts with building approvals that come at the same time... let's hope for the best.

good luck

Did anyone get in with AUD Retail Sales?

Well my broker FXCM UK did not let me get in to that very nice AUD Retail Sales, today 8.30pm EST with Secret News Weapon. I just keep getting rejected and rejected. Did anyone manage to get in with their broker? Please share, thanks.

i'm using mb trading but i thought it was a good thing that they don't care about how many pips above or under market price you place a limit order, but i tried to place one buy and one sell limit order and it didn't let me do it... i'm so pissed...

fxcm i really gave up on them... too much for me

Couldn't get a fill either using SNW with two of my brokers.

So far 7 triggers and only 1 successful fill.

WCP...what sort of fill rate do you get? I was certainly hoping for better than 14% hit rate.

Well my broker FXCM UK did not let me get in to that very nice AUD Retail Sales, today 8.30pm EST with Secret News Weapon. I just keep getting rejected and rejected. Did anyone manage to get in with their broker? Please share, thanks.

Rejected here too... The price moved over 30 pips down in ONE tick on my broker's chart, so even with large 17 pips slippage limit I set - still no chance.

worked fine for me, the news haven't conflicted so everything went as planned at this nice AUD retail price

i don't use snw... went in with avafx. however i see that they have a reputation of not paying among some traders. other traders have good experience (but you can't tell for sure that they are real traders, could be brokers themselves) ... will let you know how it worked out for me.

Back