Forex Signal (Tue, Nov 17, 04:30 am EST) UK Core CPI y/y

Felix Homogratus

Commander in Chief
Hi there :)

This is Felix with a HOT & potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Tuesday, November 17th (04:30 am New York Time) UK

We have UK Core CPI y/y coming out. It is expected to read 1.7. Last month it read 1.7 also.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the GBP/USD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex-forum/economic-indicator-descriptions/7506-uk-cpi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.3. This means that if UK Core CPI y/y comes out at 2.0 or higher, GBP/USD will probably go up by 50 pips or more in the first 30 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 1.4 or less, GBP/USD will probably go down by 50 pips or more in the first 30 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

In addition to the UK Core CPI y/y number, we will have Regular CPI numbers and RPI numbers coming out. If there is a conflict between the UK Core CPI and Regular CPI numbers, I recommend skipping this trade, but the conflict is highly unlikely. In terms of RPI, it doesn't matter that much, so you can just ignore it.

To read my after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...cpi-y-y-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on August 18th, UK Core CPI y/y came out at 1.8, versus an expectation of 1.5. As a result, GBP/USD went up by around 60 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for GBP Core CPI y/y

As always, wait for my email this Friday, where I will review all successful trades of the week.

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Felix

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for the hard work you put in for us.:)
You help many people with your reports Thanks again.

Great!

Dear Felix!

Thank you for your great signals, you really keep it simple for beginners.

Thank you,
Fabricio

Commander, I hope that I read your signals correctly in that I stayed out of USD after the news given that there appeared to be conflicting USD reports. There was a rapid and significant price movement although the dollar seems to have settled back to its steady decline. I hope that I read your advice correctly and thanks for these superb signals.

I would be careful with this one. It made 50 pips in August, but that was one of the only times it did. The other months it did some wicked reversals which can hit some SL's pretty quick.

I pay attention to the last couple of months. This is a better indicator on how the market is feeling currently. To me, relying on August data to get same out in November is to risky.

I like to get in and out when the data is leased and the pair takes off. I give 20 pips till it triggers the trade. This covers any reverse spiking. This pair has done this before, so watch out. Also, good idea not to get to greedy. Just go for 10 pips and make a little money, instead of losing some.

Three things can happen during a release...lose money, break even or make profit. Two of them I don't mind. I'm sure even Felix would agree to exercise caution...especially if you are new to trading.

Now, let's make money;)

How to

Hi Felix !

You are doing a wonderful work here by providing signals to newbies like me :)
However i have a question. I am from India and when these economic reports come out, what do think is the best time for me to trade?
(ex; UK Core CPI y/y is coming out tomorrow Tuesday, November 17th, 4:30 am New York Time)

Dear Felix. I from Moscow. As your signals I work, Tell please where and during what time it is possible to look the publication of reports on parameters on which your signals are constructed. Yours faithfully, Victor, Moscow

Back