Forex Signal (Tuesday August 30, 2011 NY TIME 2:00pm EDT) - FOMC Meeting Minutes

Stavro D'Amore

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hello

Today we have the FOMC Meeting with minutes.

Pair to trade: EUR/USD
We need: Sell EUR/USD: Hawkish comments
BUY EUR/USD: Dovish comments

Economical Impact: High
Typical Result: More hawkish than expected Good for USD Currency
Occurrence: 8 times per year, 3 weeks after the Federal Funds Rate is announced
Spike Probability: Mixed, we can see high volatility during this release

What is it? And why does the market care?
The minutes provide detailed insights regarding the FOMC's stance on monetary policy, so Currency traders carefully comb them for clues regarding future interest rate shifts

Method to trade this:
Stavro D’Amore Trading Method

Approximately 5 minutes prior to the news release I will be looking for a short term SHORT position using EUR/USD pair. I would be out of this Short trade 30Seconds before the FOMC meeting minutes begins.

During the FOMC meeting I will look for an instant move of momentum, if I see more than a 25pip mini spike I will go with the trade that way. And place a 20 pip SL not including spread.

I will exit this trade when I see a bottom forming or a resistance level.

Please make note that Liquidity will be in the EUR/USD pair and at the moment this pair has been Bullish, so if we get a hawkish comment from the FOMC meeting we could see the bears run into this pair and drive it bellow well bellow 1.4430, Please keep in mind that this pair can bounce a lot during this release.

Historical Chart and Data for FOMC meeting Minutes

all the best

Stavro D’Amore

Last edited by a moderator:
hello there

hello, am new here and don't know how to use this news signals
in my counry's time, we use GMT+1.so what time is the meeting gonna hold?
please can you explain how i can make use of this news signal?

Hi emanuel,

The news will at 7.00pm in ur country.

Simply as stavro said During the FOMC meeting ,if you see more than a 25pip instant move of momentum mini spike ,go with the trade that way. And place a 20 pip SL not including spread.

Hope this can help you.If you need managed accounts,i can trade for you 50-50 profit sharing.Intersted mail me in makeandshare@gmail.com[/email]

Go to the commercial threads to promote your service. Even Starvo doesn't promote his services here, and I greatly respect that. And by the way, a 50% management fee is outrageous. Even the very best hedge funds only charge 25%.

Please Respect all

Go to the commercial threads to promote your service. Even Starvo doesn't promote his services here, and I greatly respect that. And by the way, a 50% management fee is outrageous. Even the very best hedge funds only charge 25%.

This forum is to assist people in news trading, it is not to promote my services or other services, if people want to look other people up they can Google them to find there services they have.

Jees im in the wrong business... wish some one gave me 50%!! High way Robbery!!

Soros only takes 3% MER FEE.

Old Soros only takes 3% management fee???

Hmmm, no wonder he never got back to me on my usd100 investment funds : )

Back