Forex Signal (Wed, April 14, 08:30 am EST) US Core Retail Sales m/m

What? Now I am confused.

and sorry man, but Crazy Cat's signals can't get any clearer than that. It tells you word by word exactly what to do.

I guess what happens here with a lot of people, is that they wanna make money fast, so they wanna trade all the news, careful with that. I'm not even close of being an experienced trader, and didn't get much money with it so far, but if you wait patiently for the good opportunities, they will show up, it's better to make money little by little than losing it all.

and sorry man, but Crazy Cat's signals can't get any clearer than that. It tells you word by word exactly what to do.

I guess what happens here with a lot of people, is that they wanna make money fast, so they wanna trade all the news, careful with that. I'm not even close of being an experienced trader, and didn't get much money with it so far, but if you wait patiently for the good opportunities, they will show up, it's better to make money little by little than losing it all.

1. Everything is clear if you are familiar with the terminology, I am not. If I went on a diatribe about 4- betting someone with a polarized range, you would probably be lost. My present fields of expertise are not the same as yours. I am trying to learn super fast. Everyone has to start somewhere, and my brain is on overload because of all the info I have tried to cram in during the last 3 weeks.

2. Er, how can I be in a hurry to make money when all I have is a practice account? I have made a balls up with this signal and I am merely trying to find (with the help of more knowledgeable forex people than me) what my mistake was. It seems, in a roundabout way, we may have discovered my mistake was reading the wrong figure because I was looking in the wrong place. This is fine, because I have learned something and I'm not in the habit of making the same mistake twice. The idea is that I make all the cock-up's with the practice account so I don't make them with real money.

what broker do you use? i find this a great trading method, but my broker doesn't allow hedging, including limit orders.

btw, if you got triggered for this indicator, maybe you're using a limit order way too close to the market price, it's happened with me too, I guess 15 pips it's still way too close.

Hello Lucas, for straddling you don't need hedging, in fact hedging the position before the news is alternative method to straddling.

Well, this time I used 7 pips from the market price. 15 pips is unnecessary far and can easily lead to a loss. I use 10 pips most of the time, but it depends on the news type. When you know from history that some news have a potence to make only 20 pips using 15 pips far from the market one is a clear suicide (it means that you will most likely open it on the top of the spike and then just lose money on the retracement).

On contrary, 7 pips can trigger you too early without giving you time to react and cancel your orders. However in this particular case (us retail sales) I will get triggered even when using 10 pips, so it doesn't matter. 7 or 10 pips is ok for non-conflicting type of news that just came close to the expectation.

This one was a clear whipsaw conflicting type and I couldn't do anything (except not to trade it, but that's another story).

1. Everything is clear if you are familiar with the terminology, I am not.

sorry if I sounded rude man, I didn't mean it.

Hello Lucas, for straddling you don't need hedging, in fact hedging the position before the news is alternative method to straddling.

Yeah, I meant "straddling" when I wrote "hedging", cause it is a limit order, and not opening an order. But anyway, I'm using and also testing the same system as you are. But my problem is that I need to have two accounts for that, cause my broker don't allow hedging OR straddling. That's why I asked what broker do you use, cause I'm really interested in keep this system.
Also, some brokers don't let you open a limit order with less than 30 pips from the market price, which is awful.

Back