Forex Signal (Wed, August 25 2010, 10:00am NY Time EDT) - US New Home Sales...

I just can not get a true picture here Henry. Can you help me understand?

QUOTE:

xxxx offered to post his signals on the xxxxxx website for an additional $99 on top of the $299 for the trade room. I subscribed to the xxxx signals and almost immediately it began to lose, and not because it was automated or because of software issues. Whoever is/was sending the signals, xxxxx or Henxxx, it became apparent that they were trading like a newbie and amateur. They would enter in several correlated pairs at once, over leverage, and add to losing positions! The account lost 57% in January, which no professional trader would ever allow. They obviously ignored money management rules.

#1------>>>> I fully disagree.

There are no wrong trades. Just winners and losers. Every trade I take is the right trade... what the market does AFTER I enter the trade is beyond my control. If you are thinking in the mindset of right and wrong then the battle is already lost and you are already placing yourself in a severe disadvantage.

#2----->>> I fully disagree.

Henry is in a position to influence the actions of other individuals by choice. With that choice come responsibilities. The thread is entitled "Currency Forex Trading Signals" is it not?

Last Paragraph----->>>

Good advice Duck!

Peace...

Dave

On your #1: Sure, I agree with you. A losing trade is not necessarily a wrong trade, just as a winner is not necessarily a right trade. But I said that "traders" can be wrong, and still think that's certainly true. Some element in their analysis may have been errantly overlooked.

On your #2: I guess I've been out of the USA too long. Where I live now, people are so much more responsible than Americans are. I now know I've grown up in the land of the wussies, where being irresponsible has become a constitutional right, where if someone tells you to jump off a cliff and you do it, it's the fault of the person who told you to do it.

Yes, that's why 5 pages of warnings come stuck to the sides of stepladders, and you can sue a fast food restaurant for driving down the road with a boiling cup of coffee between your legs and sue for $5 mill when you get burned. Yes, your attitude, sir (please understand I speak respectfully and direct this to everyone who shares it) is perhaps a sign of what's wrong with America. (I'm assuming you're American).

What ever happened to the American way of life where people LEARNED to be responsible, and had the freedom to do what they want, even if it may harm them? All this protective handholding by the SEC and every other big and small gov agency has done a great disservice by teaching people to be irresponsible, and that all they need to do is whatever someone tells them to do.

In my opinion, people like Henry should be free to give any advice or suggestions he wants about anything he wants. And anyone reading it should be smart enough to deal with it. We really need to grow up!

On your #3: Thank you!

Peace back to you...

The GU has a daily pip range of approximately 165 (varies). That is from high to low. How many TOTAL potential pips does the price travel (up and down) to make up that 165 pip range?

Dave

I think Henry is entitled to some kind of mechanism with which to gauge his prior calls. Clearly that is the purpose of the "potential pips" scale, and to my knowledge it's never been advertised as a feasible gain. To the contrary, in fact.

If there's a better means on how to measure his calls....

Well, concerning all the beating Henri has got in this thread...

Personally I use his analysis as yet another indicator (alongside with the support and resistance levels, trend lines, fractal analysis, etc), not more, and in this aspect I find it useful.

The main problem is that from time to time any indicator stops working and it's the art to be a trader to spot this period of time as early as possible and not to follow its signals instead of stubbonly loosing money on them.

As to the news trading, it usually works terrible in August (because of the very thin market conditions). That's why I have ignored almost all the news this month. (And this week shows that I was right. :))

Starting from the beginning of September news trading again will become attractive. Just be patient.

Yes, Henri paints up his performance a bit. But who does not? :)

I think that he should be allowed to make his analysis here, as well as we should be allowed to give him some beating from time to time, especially in August :), just to keep him in a good form :) and make his analysis even better. :)

Last edited:
Dave, you're not fooling anyone

I just can not get a true picture here Henry. Can you help me understand?

Dave, you don't have to create new usernames to ask questions, and if you can't put your name behind your convictions, then they aren't honest convictions.

We get the idea that you don't trust Henry. That's fine, and we appreciate the warning, but this thread is the wrong place for that discussion.

I recommend you post your warnings in the Scam Alerts Folder for proper review.
Posting it here in the wrong thread just takes away from its merit.

Besides, this thread will be archived within the day and no one will read it ever again.

If there's a better means on how to measure his calls....

Sure...

Post his live trade results trading his own SIGNALS but that is not going to happen for obvious reasons.

FYI: I am American and I 100% agree with your views on that matter.

Keep your powder dry Duck. It might save us all on a rainy day!

Peace....

Dave

Dave, you don't have to create new usernames to ask questions, and if you can't put your name behind your convictions, then they aren't honest convictions.

We get the idea that you don't trust Henry. That's fine, and we appreciate the warning, but this thread is the wrong place for that discussion.

Besides, this thread will be archived within the day and no one will read it ever again.

Incorrect but I can see that the common IP address would cause such an assumption.

Kerry is a tenant and you will need to take his posts up with him.

With me... what you see is what you get... no deception... no false intentions.

I did tell Kerry that he was a dipsh!t and had no vested interest. :p

Peace...

Dave

Last edited:

Totally agree. I enjoy reading Henry's analysis - that's what I come to this forum for. If I want to see people getting slammed, I would go to the Scam forum. Can't we keep this area for signals and analysis only? This thread would be much more useful to those of us who are purely interested in analysis - whether we agree with it or not. It's disconcerting to see this thread move into a totally different direction.

Didn't I read earlier that you weren't going to respond to the "Dave's" because it would make them feel important? Maybe responding makes you feel important?

This is a public forum. People can post anything they want as long as it's not obviously inappropriate or offensive. Many of the posts that seem to irritate you so much are actually quite relevant anyway. If don't like them that's fine. If you want to post rebuttals that's fine. But you shouldn't suggest people with differing opinions from yours simply not post here at all...this is still America. And you always have the option to just ignore it...

Hypocrisy, anyone?

Didn't I read earlier that you weren't going to respond to the "Dave's" because it would make them feel important? Maybe responding makes you feel important?

Technically, I was replying to "Kerry" (not Dave) ;)

But you shouldn't suggest people with differing opinions from yours simply not post at all...

That's a hypocritical statement if I've ever read one. Maybe you should take your own advice here and no longer suggest to me to stop posting my opinions because they differ from your own.

And I wasn't asking him to stop posting -- just to post in the proper place. That doesn't seem such a bad suggestion, does it?

this is still America

Actually, this is an international forum, not just America. :D

Back