Forex Signal (Wed, July 07, 10:00 am EST) Canadian IVEY PMI

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

This is Crazy Cat with a potentially profitable trading opportunity...

Wednesday, July 07 (10:00 am New York Time) Canada

We have Canadian IVEY PMI coming out. It is expected to read 64.0. Last month it read 62.7.

I recommend trading USD/CAD for this report.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the USD/CAD by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...ator-descriptions/7398-canadian-ivey-pmi.html

The trigger for this indicator is 4.5. This means that if Canadian IVEY PMI comes out at 68.5 or more, USD/CAD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 59.5 or less, USD/CAD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

To read the after-spike retracement strategy for this report click here: Diamonds Forex Trading System (Trading News After The Spike) - Forex Peace Army Forum

For example: on March 03rd, Canadian IVEY PMI came out at 51.9, versus an expectation of 56.0. USD/CAD went up by around 40 pips. See for yourself what happened by seeing this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

The reason why I want to see a bit bigger deviation is because it is not a major report and sometimes it does not move much with smaller triggers.

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for CAD IVEY PMI

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
I should add that according to the fxwords.com website this index have a great relevancy, and so, can significantly influence the pair USD/CAD suggested by crazy cat. I think it's interesting to add this information because some index's have a little influence on the market, others have the potential to bring strong influence.
:cute:

Unfortunately IVEY PURCHASING MANAGERS INDEX did not give us what you said. Can you explain WHY, Crazy Cat?

nanapeter

:unhappy:unfortunately IVEY PUPCHASING MANACERS INDEX did not give us what you said. I loss 100 pips can you Explain

Last edited:
Certainly not the best release today with the -4.6 deviation. SNW seems to get this data a little late too making entries even worse. I definitely see a pattern with this trade and getting late entries. I have been trading this report for some time now and 75% of the time I have lost money. Today I lost a truck load too. Bottom line is I would stay away from this report.

Back