Forex Signal (Wed, June 23, 18:45) NEW ZEALAND GDP q/q

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there

On Wednesday, June 23 (18:45 New York Time) we will have New Zealand GDP q/q coming out. It is expected to read 0.5. Last time it read 0.8.

This report happens only once every three months so it is a relatively rare report to trade. However, I think it is worthy to give a try.

The trigger for this indicator is 0.2. This means that if NZ GDP q/q comes out at 0.7 or higher, NZD/USD will probably go up by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0.3 or less, NZD/USD will probably go down by 30 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report.

Obviously, the bigger the difference between expected and actual numbers, the bigger will be the move.

For example: on December 22nd, 2009, NZ GDP q/q came out at 0.2, versus an expectation of 0.4. NZD/USD went down by around 40 pips. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

I highly recommend you study the entire history and charts of this report by following this link: Forex News Trading | Details and History for NZD GDP q/q

I hope you make some money on this report.
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Back