Forex Signal (Wed, March 16, 14:15 EST) US Interest Rate Statement

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
Hi there :)

On Wednesday, March 16th (14:15 New York Time) we will have US Interest Rate Statement coming out. It is expected that they will leave the rate unchanged at 0.25. Last month they did the same thing.

Please read what this indicator means and how it affects the US dollar by going to this link: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...riptions/7376-us-interest-rate-statement.html

The trigger for this indicator is 0.25. This means that if the US Interest Rate comes out at 0.50 or higher, USD/JPY will probably go up by 100 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report. If it comes out at 0, USD/JPY will probably go down by 100 pips or more in the first 45 minutes of the report although a cut is virtually impossible. If you miss the initial spike, don't worry, you can still make money on the after-spike move. Click here to read my after-spike retracement strategy for this report: https://www.forexpeacearmy.com/fore...atement-after-spike-retracement-strategy.html

For example: on April 29th, US Interest Rate came out at 0.25, versus an expectation of possible cut to 0%. It was a great money making opportunity. See for yourself what happened on this chart: Forex news trading currency exchange charts

It is best to see for yourself the history of this report and the charts of how it affected the USD/JPY and other currencies. This way, you may possibly come up with even a better trading strategy than I am suggesting to you in this signal. Here is the link for that: Forex News Trading | Details and History for USD Interest Rate Statement

I don't think we will have a trade here, however. There is no room for cuts, and I don't think U.S. is ready for rate hikes yet.

I hope you make some money on this report
-Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
So why was this one not published to SNW? I waited a few minutes and no value appeared in SNW. Then I went to some news portal and there was an information, that US Interest Rate stayed at 0.25 and presumably will stay there for a long time, so USD/majors dropped...

?

by Crazy Cat:

Forex Signal (Wed, March 16, 14:15 EST) US Interest Rate Statement

Same thing here, I went to see a statement release and nothing. Unchanged rates.

Last edited:
Back