1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forex Tester 2 & Back Testing

Discussion in 'Intensive Reviews of Forex Products and Companies' started by Eric Alyea, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Eric Alyea

Eric Alyea Master Sergeant

Forex Tester 2 & Back Testing

This hopefully, is a consolidation of previous posts, with better editing and meaning.
    I wanted this separate from “Duellatorus”. It is a worthwhile “tool” for an ends to a means for them.

1-9-10 - 02-09-2010, 07:10 PM
    http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex...-duellatorus-review-eric-alyea.html#post30077
    I am re-investigating:
    Forex Tester Software - Professional Forex Training. Teach yourself forex trading.
    I got mine on a pre-Christmas discount, they are normally $150. One computer per license.
    They were not of a help to me solving initial problems and were indignant about service. Despite that, after having someone that knew all the problems about it personally teach me how to use it. It can and is a valuable tool. If the Tech. writers would work on a good “how to use training manual it would be a tremendous improvement. If You want to learn how to get around the problems they are unclear about or their method of instruction doesn’t get through to you they have a forum, more about that below. This is an initial post and for “FPA” members, I will do other posts on how to use it and get over its flaws. It is still good program once you know how to use it go for broke, learn, and test your currency pair’s.

Forex Tester 2 - 02-21-2010, 07:49 PM
    http://www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex...uellatorus-review-eric-alyea-2.html#post30717

Early on Forex Tester 2 (FT2) was said to be needed in Duellatorus’s procedural methodology. I had some minor problems in my initial use of the Forex Tester 2 (FT2) program. The tutorials were lacking the detail needed for a novice to become functionally independent. Searching the questions I had on the member’s forum was what got me over the initial hump. (What do you expect from programers though, a good program AND a tutorial. I would rather have a good program and find a better teacher.) That not withstanding, this is a professional product sold and distributed world wide. If they really want to sell it then the people that use it and like in on their forum should have been enough for them to fix it. NOPE NOT YET. For product creation 4 stars. For product support 2 stars. That means and average of 3 stars. If you have some one to tell you “Personally” the glitches in the program, 5 stars. How’s that for reality?

The reason given for the use of Forex Tester 2 (FT2) was:
    #1. Back testing is the key to understanding your chosen currency pair and it’s price action tendencies (flow).
    #2. People are so afraid of losing money in stead of just accepting in the beginning that at some time losing money “WILL HAPPEN”.
    A). Through back testing you see how things will play out long term with the historical data of the 10 real years past for that currency pair.
    B). You learn from your mistakes, become more conservative, “ACCEPTING” that there will be a “MARGIN CALL/LOSS”, and can practice different ways to recover for different situations, before and while the loss is happening.
    #3. You can practice trades “Any Time”, weekends, whenever. Pick chosen years or experience the whole 10 yrs, slow it down, speed it up, and go back & forth. Basically take in an entire real year of history in ONE day
    #4. Duellatorus has the view that if you have done your home work. Which means, practiced a chosen currency pair with the strategy you are investigating through the 10 year actual history of that pair. Then you are practiced and ready for “Real Money Trading” with that currency pair.

This is a virgin thread. I am hoping to show what can and can’t be done with:
    Forex Tester 2
    from my limited “practical” view.

#1 Eric Alyea, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010