Forex trading is long time career to sustain daily life?

JimmyRozza

Sergeant
I would love it to be able to rely on it for my income, but definitely not at that level yet. I aim to work less and trade more, then slowly keep sliding the scale to less and less 'real work' until I retire

HeavenLeighRob

Corporal
I trade in my free time with a decent investment and bring in enough money to pay several of my monthly bills. However, I don't depend on it as my main source of income and my husband has a well-paying job as well. I do think forex could be used in place of a full-time job, as long as one has experience, a good strategy, and a sizable amount to invest or if you continue to invest over time.

FriendlyFX

Corporal
Oh maybe for some but you gotta have a plan b or c .
Even if its say affiliate work with the brokers you use in case you experience a losing streak or the markets aren't profitable.
It's paying bills for me which is great but FT is a ways off

sebking1986

Recruit
It's possible to make a full time living from forex in same way it's possible to make a full time living from being a surgeon. It takes years or practice, ongoing education and perseverance. It's hard and emotionally straining but it's certainly possible if you stay the course.

Oh maybe for some but you gotta have a plan b or c .
Even if its say affiliate work with the brokers you use in case you experience a losing streak or the markets aren't profitable.
It's paying bills for me which is great but FT is a ways off
I think it's best to have a plan B regardless of how you make your income. Or maybe I'm just overly cautious in general. :D I think trading itself can be a good plan B to your primary income source if you are not yet ready for going full time.

TareqS

Corporal
I have been trading for about 10 years, but I still have not been able to generate a consistent income out of trading. It has been my part time business and I am quite happy about it. I believe depending in trading completely needs a lot of hard work, dedication, discipline and a good amount of investment. It is certainly doable to be a full time trader and depend on it but it is never easy.