Forex Trading Signal 01/15/08

Crazy Cat

Former FPA Special Consultant
This is Sir Pips.

If you wish to watch the video, just click on it, and then click on "play" icon. My video version is MUCH MORE detailed so I encourage you to watch it.

HI-res.: 01-15-2008.swf

Let's first review what happened on Friday.

On Friday we had the UK Industrial Production. It came out very close to expectations so it was a no trade.

Then we had Canadian Employment Change. It came out at -18.7 versus +15 K. This number came out positive so often that I even recommended selling USD/CAD before the news so it was a big shock when it came out negative. It moved the market very violently: 78 pips instantly with very little, almost no retracement. Eventually USD/CAD moved up even higher so we got about 130 pips move in the first hour of the report.

At 8:30 we had a few indicators such as Canadian Trade Balance and U.S. Trade Balance. None of them were tradable.

Let's now talk about Tuesday.

1. Tuesday, January 15th, 2008 (4:30 a.m. New York Time) UK
At 4:30 a.m. we will have UK CPI y/y coming out. Historically I was trading the y/y headline but recently the core number became more in focus so make sure that the deviation agrees between the headline and the core number; if there is a conflict, I would stay out. Historically, the headline is more powerful but keep in mind that in November we had a tradable deviation on it but the core number screw everything up. I would trade a 0.2 deviation on the headline y/y. If it comes out at 2.2 or higher, it would be a buy GBP/USD signal. If it comes out at 1.8 or lower, then it would be a sell GBP/USD signal.

2. Tuesday, January 15th, 2008 (5:00 a.m. New York Time) GERMANY, EURO ZONE
At 5:00 a.m we will have German ZEW. A deviation of 15 can be tradable but this indicator is not a hot indicator, not even warm so I don't recommend trading it at this time.

3. Tuesday, January 15th, 2008 (8:30 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 8:30 we will have U.S. Core Retail Sales X Autos m/m coming out. It is expected to come out at -0.1%. This is a key indicator as people are asking if the U.S. is in recession now. I will be trading USD/JPY with 0.6 trigger. If it comes out at -0.7% or more negative, that would be a very weak number and I would sell USD/JPY. If it comes out at +0.5 or higher, it would be a positive signal for the U.S. dollar, and I would buy USD/JPY. If the trigger is hit, I would expect 35 pips of price action either direction. One more thing: we will also have the U.S. PPI number and Empire Survey. If the Core Retail Sales comes out very close to expectations, look for a big deviation on PPI number such as 0.3 or 0.4, and on Empire Survey a deviation such as 10 or more. This is not necessarily a trade but an idea what may happen if the Retail Sales comes out flat.

If news trading seems to be very interesting for you, then I suggest you to go to Forex Diamonds - News Trading Education and read everything about this service. It is a live trading service I provide with Felix, and I will be able to show you exactly what I am doing as I am leading hundreds of traders just like you every day with very clear strategies on when to get in and get out. As people are following my trades, they are learning how to trade the news, feel comfortable with trading and make good profits. We offer 21 days free trial so you can just try it and see how you like it.

Thank you very much, and good luck with your trades.

To Our Success!
-Sir Pipsalot

The video with the signal is recorded by Sir Pipsalot.
For your convenience, this text is written based on the video by Crazy Cat

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy Cat or Sir Pips or Felix

I do not undertand what you mean by triggers.
Could you explain that in the next posting.
So other people have ask this question

Love and Peace
Jimmie

PS: I able to enter the Army, but they ask me another password for the forum????

Triggers

A trigger is the amount of deviation needed to (hopefully) produce a significant price move in a certain direction.

A bogus example for you:

Canadian Monthly Beer Exports are expected to come out at 12.3 million bottles. If it hits the +1.2 trigger (deviates upward 1.2), go short on the USDCAD.

This means that if the number is 1.2 above the expected number - in this case, that would be 13.5 million bottles.

THX Sir Pips
was a good trade for me at my demo, but seems you messed up the trigger US core Retails:
exp. 0.1% =>0.6 trigger, means -0.5% or +0.7%. so it came out -0,4% but with PPI trigger 0.3% together I get in the trade and made more than 30 pips with.
hope that answers also the question about what means trigger!

huuu cant wait to start with real account

thx derunentwegte

3. Tuesday, January 15th, 2008 (8:30 a.m. New York Time) USA
At 8:30 we will have U.S. Core Retail Sales X Autos m/m coming out. It is expected to come out at -0.1%. This is a key indicator as people are asking if the U.S. is in recession now. I will be trading USD/JPY with 0.6 trigger. If it comes out at -0.7% or more negative, that would be a very weak number and I would sell USD/JPY. If it comes out at +0.5 or higher, it would be a positive signal for the U.S. dollar, and I would buy USD/JPY. If the trigger is hit, I would expect 35 pips of price action either direction. One more thing: we will also have the U.S. PPI number and Empire Survey. If the Core Retail Sales comes out very close to expectations, look for a big deviation on PPI number such as 0.3 or 0.4, and on Empire Survey a deviation such as 10 or more. This is not necessarily a trade but an idea what may happen if the Retail Sales comes out flat.

Last edited:
Spacevision Switzerland

I just want to advise all my brothers in this honorable forexpeacearmy that i worked with this company and i was very happy not because i won but i liked very much their services. They gave even advises that i was working wrong in the begining. And i discover that if i win they win also.:)

A trigger is the amount of deviation needed to (hopefully) produce a significant price move in a certain direction.

A bogus example for you:

Canadian Monthly Beer Exports are expected to come out at 12.3 million bottles. If it hits the +1.2 trigger (deviates upward 1.2), go short on the USDCAD.

This means that if the number is 1.2 above the expected number - in this case, that would be 13.5 million bottles.

Hello sir,

i really find your generous service so wonderful that it has uncovered the myth in trading forex. I've been trying to know the meaning the figures in Forex Forum, Forex Calendar, Forex News @ Forex Factory, and now, you have really explained it to me in details.
Pls, I want to know whether there is any parameter you use in determining the forecast figures that will trigger trades. For example, you say-when the figure is 0.7% positive, you buy.
Thanks

Kenny

Hello sir,

i really find your generous service so wonderful that it has uncovered the myth in trading forex. I've been trying to know the meaning the figures in Forex Forum, Forex Calendar, Forex News @ Forex Factory, and now, you have really explained it to me in details.
Pls, I want to know whether there is any parameter you use in determining the forecast figures that will trigger trades. For example, you say-when the figure is 0.7% positive, you buy.
Thanks

Kenny

Well Kenny, it comes from trial and error and research looking through charts of past moves and the conditions that caused them. The same kind of research you would do with any trading market. Like with earnings reports on a stock. If AAPL reported earnings in the middle of the trading day, you might want to look at the intraday charts for the last couple of times AAPL reported earnings to see how it reacted to positive and negative surprises, and pick a level of surprise for the coming report that historically tends to produce a predictable and/or patterned response in the price. I hope the analogy helps.

Back